In this post: Are you looking for super simple ways to decorate for fall? These 5 quick fall decor ideas will bring autumn warmth to your living room.⇒
What is it about fall that gives so many of us the warm fuzzies?
For me I think it’s that it’s the most family oriented of the seasons. The minute summer ends and kids go back to school, our thoughts turn more to home. The weather may still be warm outside, but we’re already decorating our front entryways with thoughts of kids trick-or-treating, planning our harvest celebrations for Thanksgiving, and even thinking ahead to the December holidays. September through New Year’s is one long progression of holiday after holiday, enjoyed with family, like no other time of year.
Today I’m happy to be joining a wonderful group of bloggers for the Seasonal Simplicity Fall Home Tour, hosted by Krista from The Happy Housie. If you’re coming over from Town and Country Living and are new to my blog, I’d like to extend a special welcome. Be sure to check out the other tours at the bottom of this post, as well.
I’m no great fan of orange, brown and gold, particularly mixed together, but fall is still my favorite season and so I love to decorate in softer tones. Let’s look at 5 super easy ways to bring fall warmth into your living room using a gentle and pretty color palette.
1. Vintage copper – when it comes to fall decor ideas, one of the first places I look to is vintage copper pieces. The aged patina adds a layer of elegance and the warm hue speaks to autumn color without being out and out orange. These pieces are widely available at antique markets and online, and depending on their shapes, can be utilized in various ways. From vases to hold flowers or simply displayed in a vignette, copper can be lovely in even the starkest of white rooms.
2. Blush pink flowers – the quintessential pairing with rose gold or copper is the palest of blush pinks. It can be added in pillows or throws, but my favorite way to add pink is with fresh flowers. Roses, dahlias or if you can find them, peonies. And while I love fresh, I’m not against using faux flowers, as well.
3. Heirloom pumpkins – Nothing says fall quite like pumpkins, but to make a softer statement, you can’t beat the gentle colors and unique shapes of heirloom pumpkins. The pastel tones look beautiful in a neutral room, and early in season they’re the perfect way to subtly announce that fall is coming. I found mine at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods, but you can also find these in the faux version, as well.
(See resource list below.)
4. Plaid throw blankets – adding textiles is a great way to bring fall warmth into a room. Plaid throws are awesome and I’ve used a simple brown pattern here. I prefer the ‘dry’ clean look of a simple tonal plaid, but you can go as crazy as you like here depending on your taste for color. Tweeds also work well, as do other menswear patterns.
5. Wheat stalks – what’s great about fall decor is that it doesn’t have to be very expensive and a really easy, very affordable idea is to use wheat stalks in your decorating. They look great with copper and fit well with neutral colors for that casually elegant fall look. Pop them in a vase, stand them on their own or lay them down on a table. Any way you use them, they’re a visual cue signaling the season that’s all about home.
Each of these fall decor ideas can make a bold statement, giving you more bang for your decorating buck, while remaining tasteful if not understated. If casual elegance is what you’re going for in your autumn living room, these elements taken together are sure to get the job done, while giving you the warm fuzzies at the same time!
Fall Decor Ideas Source List – To get the look, click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
Next up on the tour is Sincerely, Marie Designs and I know you will love what she has put together! Then continue on for the rest of the tour because there’s so much fall inspiration! You can find the full list below with all the links. Enjoy!
Sharing with me today are:
Sharing the rest of this week:
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my home, my favorites, my pillow designs and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below:
Linking with BNOTP