In this post: If you enjoy seasonal decorating, these simple spring decorating ideas for the dining room will help bring a fresh sense of renewal to your home.⇒
I just spent a whole lot of time and effort taking most of the color out of my dining room.
And yet, along comes spring and I’m piling on the color. “What am I thinking?” you may ask.
Ah, but that was part of the plan! The whole point of paring back my rooms to sophisticated neutrals was to make it easy to add in any color feeling with accents and details. In an upcoming post, I will be detailing the transformation of my dining room, but for today, I’m sharing some simple spring decorating ideas to help celebrate the season in the room we love to entertain in.
I’m delighted to be joining with a wonderful group of bloggers for the ‘Simple Spring Styling Tour’, hosted by my talented friend Jennifer of Town and Country Living. Today’s tour theme is spring dining rooms, but you can see all the posts linked at the bottom of this one, including spring living rooms, kitchens and entryways.
I’m also thrilled to thank my sponsor Amara for providing much of the spring decor in this post. Please see the resource list below if you’d like to find these items for your own home.
For my seasonal dining room, the key was to keep my styling very simple. Unlike my recent Easter table setting, with it’s abundant use of color and pattern, this room takes a gentler approach. Set against a neutral backdrop of dark wood, creamy white and gilded accents, it doesn’t take much to make a statement.
1. Fresh spring flowers – Always a no brainer, using fresh flowers in my home is a given. But for spring, I love to make an effort to use quintessentially seasonal flowers, such as tulips and hyacinths. I’m absolutely crazy about the scent of hyacinths and I find myself wandering past them intentionally to catch a note wafting by. Filling my antique dough bowl is always fun and if I did nothing else, this alone would go a long way toward foreshadowing spring.
2. White dinnerware – it doesn’t have to be stark white, but a lovely way to lighten the mood is with creamy white stoneware plates. The blush pink napkins add a soft touch and the overall goal is to provide a pale foundation off which the florals can shine.
3. Pastel colors – soft pinks, pale periwinkle, rich cream and gentle greens add enough color to communicate spring without being overwhelming the way reds, oranges and yellows would.
4. Butterfly imagery – with a bowl full of blooms, can butterflies be far behind? These wonderful jeweled napkin rings are perfect for the season, with hints of pretty color and a conceptual nod toward nature. These are my new favorites, so you can expect to see a lot of them in the future.
5. Peony glass tumblers – when fresh flowers are not enough, how delightful it is to magnify the seasonal look with floral decorated tumblers in a range of barely-there colors.
In addition to these specific spring decorating ideas, there are several items from my ‘all-year decor’ that enhance the spring feeling. My dining room is dark, so a healthy dose of crystal helps bounce around the light. Likewise, crisp white linens always say spring to me.
Gilded accents also brighten the scene, although I love them so much, they make their way into every season’s decor. From the vintage candelabra to the modern gold tray, they shimmer nicely against the playful tulips.
It doesn’t take much to add simple spring decorating ideas into your dining room, while maintaining an elegant tone with an understated palette. As the season progresses the colors can get a bit stronger, but with the season is just starting out now, a light hand and restraint can nonetheless speak volumes.
Spring Decorating Ideas Source List – Click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
- Stoneware Side Plate
- Stoneware Dinner Plate
- Pink Ruffle Napkins
- Jewelled Butterfly napkin rings
- Mother-of-Pearl Mosaic Chargers
- Textured Brass Tray
- Peony Glass Tumblers
- Silver flatware
- Glen Plaid Cyrstal Goblets
Please be sure to visit and enjoy all the spring tours linked below…
Monday – Spring Living Rooms
Tuesday – Spring Dining Rooms
Coming Wednesday – Spring Kitchens
Coming Thursday – Spring Entryways
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my home or my favorites. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below:
Linking with BNOTP