In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Are you guys into FREE printables? I thought this was the perfect time to share my fall printables. You can find my fall recipe cards, this set of menus, place cards and napkin rings, these Halloween candy bag labels, and three ‘thankful’ wall art styles.
2. The other day I was helping a friend with the decorating plans for her new home. As I was looking for rugs to suggest for her, I stumbled upon this stunning antelope rug and absolutely fell in love with it! (I was not initially planning on getting a rug, but it’s true love. And yes, my friend loves it for her home, too!) So of course then I started looking at options and I found this other fabulous skin print. Maybe one for the family room and one for the living room?
3. I just finished reading the book, Pachinko by Min Jin Lee. If you enjoy historical family sagas within a political context, this one is for you. The book follows four generations of a Korean family who move to Japan amidst Japanese colonization and political warfare. I can’t wait until book club because I have so much to say about this one!
4. Let’s play GET IT FOR LESS. I’m back on the hunt for leopard print. It’s everywhere this year and I decided I need a handbag in this pattern. Here is the bag I really want from Dolce & Gabbana. And here is a great option for WAY less at Michael Kors! But wait… you can get it for EVEN LESS than that. Check out this awesome bag for a fraction of the cost! Other more reasonable choices are this Marc Jacobs bag and this one from Wolf & Badger.
5. What’s inspiring me around the web: A few people asked to see a link I shared last week that unfortunately was broken. It was the gentle fall color feeling in this sunroom. Also in a similar lovely color feeling is this charming bedroom, this fabulous kitchen, and this pretty living room. I love the dry textures and peaceful feeling each exudes.
6. Let’s talk occasional chairs. I’m looking for chairs that have that relaxed look I’m moving toward. Love the fresh look of this accent chair, and this one looks super comfy, this one has a great mix of casual comfort, and this one has that oh-so-organic look.
7. A thought provoking question from author James Clear: “What’s the cost of doing a poor job? What’s the cost of doing a mediocre job? What’s the cost of doing an exceptional job?
Which price are you willing to pay?”
8. FAVORITE PRODUCT: This concealer is my absolute favorite (I wear #3 on my olive skin), but if you prefer a wand, I just tried this one and it’s a close second. I love a flawless finish so I swear by this foundation. Also love this coordinating bronzer.
9. This week on the blog I shared 5 easy ways to decorate for fall in your home, this complete guide to fall tabletop decor, these ideas for decorating with heirloom pumpkins and these 5 decluttering tips you may not have thought of.
10. UP NEXT: ‘Get it for less’ Fall Decor coming next week!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) A few days ago, I shared our fall living room. Before I got started, as I was going through my fall decor bins, I decided that my pumpkins had seen better days. It was high time for an update! I found these cute, fuzzy pumpkins and this pillow cover on Amazon. I am in love with the pumpkins, and the pillow cover is amazingly well made for the price. (Unfortunately the pillow cover is currently out of stock, but you can order it now and it will ship asap. It’s made by a brand on Amazon called TRENDIN. They have some fun stuff!)
2.) If you are of a certain age, you may have been a fan of Gordon Lightfoot back in the day. (I’m raising my hand.) There is a fascinating documentary on his life, available to watch now on Amazon Prime Video. It’s appropriately called “If You Could Read My Mind.” If you don’t have a Prime Video subscription, it’s also available to rent on YouTube.
3.) I recently watched a couple of good movies on Netflix…and they are not the least bit related! Worth, staring Michael Keeton and Stanley Tucci, is about the 9/11 Victim Compensation Fund. Parts of it were hard to watch, but it was wonderful. Next, An Unfinished Life, starring Robert Redford and Jennifer Lopez. It’s the story of a fractured, sort of odd family, and how they find their way back to each other.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The finish line is for the ego. The journey is for the soul.” ~Pattie Gonia, The Life On Purpose Movement
5.) If you like the traditional colors of autumn, but really want something a bit different, check out this front porch from Kelly at Lily Pad Cottage. The pinks and purples are stunning!
6.) Would you like to see dozens of autumn ideas all in one place? I can help! I gathered all my fall decor, craft, and recipe posts together, and organized them just for you. There is definitely something for everyone, so take a look!
7.) If you make this layered pumpkin dessert, you may never make pumpkin pie again. It’s so incredibly easy, and uses a box cake mix. You may think it’s impossible, but my family thinks it’s better than pumpkin pie!
8.) FAVORITE SLIPPERS EVER: Minnetonka Chesney Suede Scuff Slippers. They are so comfortable and sturdy. I sometimes forget I have them on, and wear them outside! Every once in a while I just throw them in the washing machine, and then air dry.
9.) GIFT IDEA FOR ANYONE WITH A DOG : My daughter just got this cute mug for her birthday. It’s from a darling Etsy shop that carries tons of personalized items…and they make perfect birthday or Christmas gifts. (P.S. It’s not too early to start shopping for Christmas!)
10.) When we meet again next week, fall will officially be here. I am so ready for cooler weather, shorter days, falling leaves, and soup on the stove!
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1. This is my all-time, everyday, favorite purse. Not because it is exceptionally gorgeous, although it is a handsome bag. It is the PERFECT crossover bag that can fit everything I need in it and it is not bulky. I’ve had this purse for years and it still looks like new. We all need a purse that is that practical, easy to clean, and amazing!
2. Did you see my Fall Kitchen Tour for 2021? I have lots of easy ideas for decorating your kitchen for beautiful early fall! And you might like to see last year’s Fall Kitchen Tour here. It’s one of my all-time favorite tours. I love the colors. This fall I’m adding a bit of green to the tour! You can see last year’s whole House Fall Tour Here. If you need ideas for fall decorating make sure you see 100 inspiring Fall Decorating Ideas.
3. Did you know if you wrap your celery in aluminum foil it will last so much longer. I have been doing this for about a year and it really works! I bet you know this next tip… put several unused kitchen garbage bags in the bottom of your kitchen trash cans so when you take out the trash and need a new one it’s already there. And here’s one more…put a small lazy Susan in your refrigerator for small jars like jellies. Smart, right?
4. Here are some of my crushes this week…this tortoiseshell bangle (sigh), this beautiful pillow, this GORGEOUS and pricy pillow, and another GORGEOUS velvet pillow that is a bit more reasonable, my favorite vitamin C serum, this chic cheetah coffee table tray, this classic white boyfriend shirt (love), these classic earrings, my go-to great lipstick color and this yummy cashmere loose and light cardigan.
5. Fun trivial facts: What is the most used letter in the alphabet? What state only borders one other state?
6. I love this Instagram Account so much! Precious girl and just the most wonderful gracious, beautiful lady! Her story melts me into tears! She is truly an amazing, brave woman!
7. I finally found my new dining room table. It won’t be delivered until early spring of 2022! YIKES! I can hardly wait. I’m thinking about new dishes to go on our new table. I love the detailing on these, these make me weak in the bee’s knees, and these, love these, these are so pretty, and so are these. Napoleon Bee is my flatware and I’m so delighted I made the investment. So worth it!
8. Did you know Kelly Clarkson has a line of furniture at Wayfair? Oooooh, I love her style! A little French, but not too over the top! Here are some things I think are lovely… this coffee table, this console table in white (got it last week, so pretty), this spindle chair, this bench, these dining room chairs, and these dining room chairs, and this end table (I have it in my sunroom), and this end table. Aren’t you thrilled pretty is back in style?
9. I’ve been doing a lot of cleaning and purging as I decorate for fall. Here is The Ultimate Guide To Cleaning And Organizing. And here’s my everyday cleaning guide. You can have a clean home in 30 Minutes A Day!!!!
Answers to #5: E is the most used letter in the alphabet it is in about 11 percent of all words. Maine shares a border of only one state, New Hampshire.
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click on the images below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: