In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1. I’ve got the itch to change some things in our home. Here’s decor I’ve got a little crush on right now…this beautiful upholstered platform bed, this coffee table I just ordered, this cabinet, and this rug I got on sale for my foyer.
2. Did you see my Fall Home Tour? And my Kitchen Fall Tour? What makes these different from other fall home tours is they are decorated without one single pumpkin! I used early fall elements instead. In October I’ll share another fall tour with lots of white pumpkins.
3. I’m in a bit of a purging/ organizing mood right now! I’ve started in my bedroom closet! I’m using this easy way to organize. It works! I just got this to put handbags and tote bags in and this to organize my scarfs.
4. Fun trivia: What is the technical name for the # symbol? What is a chef’s tall white hat called?
5. Fall, fall, fall! It’s all about fall right now! Here is the fall decor and more I’m loving right now. These gorgeous trays, these beautiful and reasonably priced velvet pumpkins, this show stopper of a fall wreath, and this lovely fall throw.
6. Bobby and I are classic movie buffs. Here are some of our favorites: Mrs. Miniver, Goodbye Mr. Chips, Beau Geste, The Four Feathers, and An Affair To Remember (trailer only). Grab some popcorn and tissues for these movies!
7. Words to live by: Kind words are like honey, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Prov. 16:24
8. I’m a big fan of The Great British Baking Show! I have watched all 11 seasons over and over and over! I’m on a quest to be a good baker and I’m so enthralled with the gorgeous tall meat pies. Here is my favorite pastry chef and her recipe for hot water crust and here is a youtube video to make it. Here is my food scale since I now weigh my ingredients for pie and other baking.
9. On the blog I have posts that every home decorator should read. They make up a mini-decorating course. Have you read about the importance of: balance in decor, color, space, visual weight, texture, warm and cool colors, how to know your decorating style, and scale and proportion. All these posts are easy to understand and will make you a decorating pro!
10. If you love houses you will love this IG site, this one too, and this is the sweetest video!
Answer to #4: the # symbol’s name is octothorpe! The word “octo” means 8 for the # 8 sides. No one knows what “thorpe” means in the word. A chef’s hat is called a touche blanche (white hat). It has 100 folds in it to represent 100 ways to cook an egg. Now you know!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Did you know my most popular posts are my furniture shopping guides? In particular this guide to the best affordable stylish upholstered headboards, this guide to the best vintage inspired accent chairs and this guide to the best French style dressers and chests.
2. Decor crushes of the week: I’ve wanted a floor mirror for a while now. I’m considering this one (I love it in all the sizes). The olive topiaries have been very popular with you all. Here’s a potted tree in the same feel (ships November). This wonderful large paddle/cutting board is perfect for creating a charcuterie board. Loving this sleek wooden vase. Wish I saw this bar cart before I got the one I have now.
3. I love to cook seasonally, especially in the fall. This hearty Baked Acorn Squash with Chestnuts, Apples and Leeks looks absolutely amazing and is next on my list to try.
4. This week I’m looking at fall weekend wear. Loving these high waist straight leg jeans, these dark wash crop jeans, this crisp white weekend shirt, this great flannel blazer, and this cashmere cardigan. Pair them with this classic bootie or these fabulous loafer mules. I also love this lush V-neck pullover from my favorite cashmere company that I discovered last year.
5. What’s inspiring me around the web: I’m all about the cozy right now and loving these gorgeous bedrooms. This beautiful retreat is so placid, this one is both calming and elegant, this romantic bedroom makes you want to curl up under the covers, and this lovely French bedroom mixes old world charm with modern.
6. After years of avoiding wood toned furniture, suddenly warm light woods are looking fresh again. They look wonderful in a mostly white room and the mix is as crisp as a white shirt with a camel blazer. Loving this side table and this one with a drawer. This wood and rattan sideboard has great clean lines. This bookcase is a lovely mix of wood with white, a perfect way to tie it all together. This long narrow lift-top coffee table is a terrific option for a tight space. And this fabulous accent chair embodies the whole organic look. (Back in stock first week in October.)
7. FAVORITE FALL QUOTE: “There is something so special in the early leaves drifting from the trees–as if we are all to be allowed a chance to peel, to refresh, to start again.” – Ruth Ahmed
8. I’ve been using this inexpensive drugstore mascara for years. Every time I try the new ‘next big thing’, I always come back to it. I’m also a big fan of face masks and this one from Peter Thomas Roth is my new go-to. The skin feels so great after using it. I used to use their Rose Stem Cell Bio Repair Gel Mask, but it appears to be discontinued. If you ever find it, grab it. It’s great! And this probably won’t surprise you, since I’ve mentioned that I will only use Creme de la Mer face moisturizer, but I also use their serum on the regular. Hey, what I save on mascara pays for my face creams… 😉
9. This week on the blog I shared a complete shopping guide for where to get fall decor for less with 4 different curated color palettes. I also shared this DIY paint project transforming my mom’s French dresser, then added warmth to the family room with fall decor, and set this pretty fall table in soft offbeat colors.
10. UP NEXT: Bringing fall into the bedroom…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) As some of you know, I am a big fan of cast iron pots and skillets. But lately, there have been a few times that I almost dropped a pan because it was so heavy. So I looked around for stainless steel…and I hit the jackpot. I bought this Cuisinart MultiClad 3-quart saucepan, and I also got this 1.5-quart saucepan. They are beautiful, and much lighter than cast iron. On impulse, I also ordered this kitchen utensil set. It’s beautiful too!
2.) Since we’re talking about kitchen items, here are a few of my favorites: this vanilla bean paste is AMAZING, I can’t live without this pepper mill, and these towels wash up beautifully. They are the perfect thickness and come in several different colors.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” ~Maya Angelou
4.) Last Christmas, I gave this custom return address house stamp to my daughter and daughter-in-law. It makes a beautiful gift, I love that it’s personal, and it’s handmade. Order ahead because the shop owners live in Ireland!
5.) For our family, fall is all about pumpkin recipes. One of the easiest things to make, and it’s perfect as a snack or dessert, is pumpkin fluff dip. It mixes up in literally a few minutes, and it’s so good. Serve it with graham cracker sticks, apple slices, or gingersnap cookies.
6.) Now is the perfect time to add a few new products in autumn tones to your makeup bag. This lipstick, in Intense Nude, is my favorite. This blush, in Lovers Blush, goes on so smoothly. I’ve used this powder foundation for years…and I have no plans to change! If you are wondering, my color is Desert Beige.
7.) If you are a fan of the Chicago One shows, tonight is the night…the new season kicks off at 8:00 p.m. EST. The cliffhangers from last season were pretty good…is Burgess alive? Did Severide and his guys make it out of that sinking boat? Did they really fire Will? I can hardly wait!
8.) I just published the OSP 2022 Printable Calendar. It’s completely free, and made especially for my email subscribers. This is the 6th year that I’ve designed a calendar, and I love doing it. If you want the calendar, but aren’t a subscriber, just fill out the form at the end of this post.
9.) Old but oh so good movies currently available to watch on Amazon Prime: In Her Shoes, Pearl Harbor, Something’s Gotta Give, My Best Friend’s Wedding, Ladies in Lavender, Made of Honor, and last but not least, Sleepless in Seattle. (I just watched In Her Shoes for probably the 3rd or 4th time, and loved it.)
10.) Today is officially the first day of fall. Yay!
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click on the images below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: