In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I know some women have a “signature” scent, and wear the same perfume all the time…however, I’m not one of those women! I love to try new scents, and always have a few different ones going at the same time. Right now, my favorite is Yardley English Rose. It’s so fresh, and it stays with me for hours. I use the eau de toilette spray, the smooth body lotion, the body wash, and I love the scented talc.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Your home is an extension of your energy field. This is why practices like cleaning your home, rearranging furniture, organizing your closet, and getting rid of objects that are cluttering your space can have a profound impact on your mind, body, and spirit.” ~Maryam Hasnaa
3.) Do you have hard-to-buy-for people on your Christmas list? Here are two very cool suggestions. First, this Etsy shop has darling, handmade aprons. I can’t imagine there is a woman alive who wouldn’t love one. For that guy who has everything, take a look at this grill master gift box.If you don’t like the combination of spices in the gift box, look HERE to buy all the spice blends individually.
4.) Pinecones are the quintessential fall-to-holiday decorating accessory. They are inexpensive if you have to buy them, and of course, they are free if you have access to pine trees. Take a look at these 21 Festive Ideas for Decorating with Pinecones. Also, see my step-by-step directions for making your own pinecone garland.
5.) Have you seen the trailer for a new movie that just came out called The Last Duel? It opened in theaters on October 15th, and will most likely be coming to a streaming channel in the near future. It’s an epic film based on a true story that took place in 14th century France, and features Jodie Comer, Ben Affleck, and Matt Damon. (Love them all.) I haven’t seen it, but I definitely want to!
6.) If you love to kill time on Instagram, take a look at thistle.harvest. Along with her family, she lives in her husband’s childhood home. She’s talented and a very sweet mom!
7.) So…it’s very interesting which WWW links you all click on the most. Here are a few of your favorites: you loved my Minnetonka scuff slippers and this custom return address stamp. Just last week, you went crazy for this 6.5 quart dutch oven, which I can personally recommend. You also went mad for this reproduction dough bowl!
8.) Do you watch The Resident on Fox? If not, you should give it a try…past seasons can be found on Hulu. One of the main characters (Nic Nevin) evidently wanted to leave the show, so they killed her off in a car accident. The episode where she died literally had me sobbing uncontrollably! I think it will be interesting to see how they work around the absence of her character. We’ll have to stay tuned for that!
10.) There is a lot of action going on behind the scenes here On Sutton Place. I can’t share any of the details just yet, but as soon as everything is official, you all will be the first to know. I can’t wait to share everything with you!
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1. I have Christmas on my mind right now! Here are a few of my favorite white Christmas things… this white tree, these stockings, these snowflake candle holders, this beautiful pillow, and the flocked tree I bought this year. See The Magic Of A White Christmas Tree for ideas.
2. Here are a few of my favorite series on PBS… The Durrells, a real-life story that is quite unusual, The Paradise, about the first department store in London, Little Dorrit, a Dickens work about a young destitute girl who maybe isn’t, and The Forsythe Saga, a love story with twists and turns.
3. Jewelry alert! These would make lovely Christmas gifts for you (and me)… these classic hoops, top of my list hoops, this paper clip bracelet, this gorgeous bamboo bangle, and this pearl and gold bead bracelet.
4. I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year and making these pretty plaid placemats for my table and a version of this bountiful edible centerpiece! Here are savvy tips for setting that perfect Thanksgiving table.
5. Easy decorating tips: Think of fruit as decor. Create a centerpiece by dumping apples or lemons or any other fruit with a longer shelf-life in a beautiful bowl. Decant your power room soap into a pretty dispenser. Karate chop some of your pillows for a designer look.
7. Advent calendars are a lovely way to count down the Christmas season. Here are a few I think are so pretty… this one made of houses, this yummy one, this one for the tea lover, this fillable and light up one, this pretty wooden box one, and this one with the true meaning of Christmas.
8. Did you see this HUGE decorating post that is a guide to every decorating idea post, every how to decorate post, every post about decorating different rooms in my home, every how to paint post, and every design element post on StoneGable? It is a keeper. Use it as a decorating course or to help you with all your decorating needs.
9. Fun and useless facts: What is the only word in the English dictionary that ends in “mt”? What is a group of hippos called?
10. Do you still read magazines? There are a few worth getting, and they make great Christmas gifts too. This staple in my kitchen magazine, this magazine I get for my grandkids, and this kid one too, my all-time favorite decorating magazine, another favorite of mine, and this one too!
Answer to #9- Dreamt is the only word that ends in “mt”, good to know if you play scrabble! A group of hippos is called a bloat. Hmmm, no wonder!
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. With Thanksgiving and Christmas entertaining on the horizon, I love to use one of my favorite little spaces. I always wanted a butler’s pantry for serving and when we moved into our townhouse, I found an opportunity to completely transform an ugly storage closet into my dream butler’s pantry. You won’t believe the difference!
2. Funny story. This week I was chatting with Yvonne and Ann on Zoom, and they mentioned on how dewy and glowing my skin looked. Turns out I just switched to my winter foundation and I couldn’t believe they noticed it! So I promised to share it this week. So here is the foundation I use for the colder months… 🙂
3. Are you looking at holiday decor yet? I’m hearing about faux trees selling out VERY early this year, so I’m sharing a few of my faves. This one is as lush and classic as they come – the perfect shape, color and pre-lit. Here it is a bit taller. But my very fave is a flocked tree and this one is gorgeous. For my vintage style I love to include a white tree and last year I added this sweet little tabletop tree. It’s not tiny, so it makes a nice festive statement while being a bit easier to handle.
4. My latest fashion crush is high rise straight leg jeans. So comfy and easy to wear! I’m doing the cropped leg with booties and the bootcut with a heel. Finish off the relaxed look with a great pullover sweatshirt or a fun boyfriend blazer. Want to be just a wee bit edgy. Try the washed moto jacket.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: I’m absolutely in love with this stunning pumpkin. What a creative idea! Here’s a lovely fall mantel but the gorgeous bookcase styling is what really caught my eye. Smitten with this rich and lush fall living room. It just makes me want to sip a brandy… 😉
6. Top selling links of the past week: this desk seems to be loved by all, but so is this French one (I have it in my office). This wonderful neutral duvet cover was also popular (I have it in the guest room). This washable rug was clearly a crowd pleaser. And everyone seems to be getting this classic cashmere crew. I went back for one more this week, too. I wonder what colors you are all getting?
7. FAVORITE QUOTE: “The secret to being productive is to work on the right thing—even if it’s at a slow pace.” – James Clear
8. A few special holiday items I’ll be adding this year include these sparkling cone trees, these white ceramic village houses, these lovely brass reindeer (on sale right now!) and although I haven’t posted it yet, I’m already wrapped up every night in this fabulous throw. We call it the wookie… 😉
9. This week on the blog I shared a soft fall color palette in the family room, how to make the tiniest front porch welcoming for Thanksgiving guests, my most popular Thanksgiving table setting and the details of renovating our kitchen backsplash.
10. UP NEXT: I’d normally think this is really early, but given delivery delays, now I think I might be late. Expect to see a holiday decor shopping guide very soon!
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click on the images below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: