In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving! I love this All-American holiday. When I count my blessings YOU will be among the things I am so thankful for! I hope you have the most wonderful day making beautiful memories and eating lots of YUMMY food.
2. I have most of my Christmas decorations up and ready! The Tanglewood House will be ready for two Christmas tours on Dec 2nd and Dec 8th. I hope you will join me on those days! You can see last year’s Christmas Home Tour here. If you need Christmas inspiration now go to my All Christmas Decorating here.
3. There are lots and lots of Black Friday sales going on now. Here are some good ones… this beautiful blue and white ginger jar, this mirror I just got for over the Curlacue chest, my favorite lidded candle and candleholder, classic three-ball boxwood in pot, and this lamp.
4. Fun and useless info: What is a flock of flamingos called? Abraham Lincoln was once a champion wrestler! And this is so cute… otters hold hands when they sleep so they don’t float away. Flamingo answer is at the bottom of the list.
5. Last week’s WWW favorites: This beautiful jingle bell candle, this handsome chair, this slim snowy Christmas tree, these comfortable pants (got over 1,000 views last week), these handmade wooden Christmas trees, this chunky hand knit throw, and everyone’s all-time favorite console table.
6. Christmas decor is also on sale now! I got this gorgeous leaf garland in the mail today! You can see it in my featured picture. My favorite Christmas doormat, this chunky knit pillow, these gorgeous pom pom pillows, this festive pillow, this pretty wreath, and this beautiful garland!
8. Remember to save the turkey carcass to make soup with it. We use every tiny bit of the turkey! YUM! You can use Nani’s Chicken Noodle Soup and change out the chicken with the turkey carcass. This is a recipe passed down from generation to generation in our family.
9. The weekend after Thanksgiving is the start of Christmas baking at our home. I like to make extra cookie dough and freeze it. Here are 10 Christmas cookie recipes you will love!
10. Christmas at StoneGable is just getting started, my friend! As well as the Christmas house tour listed above look for a snazzy animal print Christmas ball DIY, more cookie recipes, how to embellish and hang a garland (Thursday, hopefully), decorating a bedroom tree, Christmas porch, and patio, lots of arrangements and more!
Answer to #5: A flock of flamingos is called a flamboyance, makes sense! And good old Abe was also a bartender.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. I just published my Complete Holiday Gift Guide, broken down into four categories, with a full range of carefully curated items. Be sure to check it out! I also just posted my Holiday Kitchen Gadgets Guide for anyone looking to update their holiday cookware, bakeware, serving pieces and related decor.
2. Two of the most popular items in the past couple of weeks were these two Christmas pillows: this ‘Merry’ one and this ‘C’est Noel’ one, so I found a few more you may love. This ‘Falala’ one pairs really well with the Merry pillow. This sherpa tree one is festive and yet so elegant, this embroidered one has a sweet homespun feel, this navy ‘Noel’ one is great for a different color feeling, and finally these gnomes are irresistible. Oh and just for fun, this is my new favorite throw and it goes with everything!
3. Some great affordable pieces of accent furniture that just came across my radar: this pretty chest makes a great nightstand, this fabulous side table nails that organic look, this lovely accent chair is half the price of many similar ones I’ve seen, this awesome desk works with everything from vintage to modern, this pillow-top bench looks great at the end of the bed, and this charming dining table is perfect for a small dining area.
4. FAVORITE RECENT PURCHASE: these gorgeous layered chokers, Anna Wintour style. I got 4 that I wear together and have gotten so many compliments on them that I ordered another multi-color set! (You can order just one or two if you don’t want the whole set.) But I also love this pearl one and these amber tones.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: In love with this corner of the Studio at Patina Farm and it’s perfect mix of dark and light. Ah, to have a bedroom with bookshelves like these. So charmed by this beautiful crisp breakfast area. Be sure to scroll through the other 9 images from the home in this post, too.
6. NEXT ON MY LIST OF RECIPES TO TRY: this healthy dish of Seared Scallops with Homemade Pesto + Cherry Tomatoes looks amazing and would be great to serve to holiday guests.
7. UPDATE ON THE EYELASHES: I mentioned last week I got eyelash extensions and that I’d come back and tell you how they lasted. Well, 2 weeks in and they’re still going strong. I lost a few over the 2 weeks, but they’re still pretty thick and I love them! I go back on Friday for a fill-in. I haven’t used mascara once since I got them. Just some under-eye liner and they look good enough for a wedding. 🙌
8. If you’re looking for French style or vintage-inspired lighting, I just updated my shopping guide, Where to Buy Affordable French Farmhouse Lighting, including chandeliers, sconces, pendants and lamps.
9. This week on the blog I shared this living room decorated with a white Christmas tree, this golden Christmas tablescape for an elegant holiday, this French-inspired kitchen decorated for Christmas, and how to style a bed with beautiful white bedding.
10. Up next: Be on the lookout for two new holiday entertaining posts coming next week! But first, Happy Thanksgiving!!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Every once in a while, while roaming around YouTube, I come across something that immediately puts a smile on my face. My most recent discovery was this official teaser trailer for the movie Downton Abbey: A New Era. The writers never cease to amaze me, and from the looks of the trailer, this may be the best production yet. Mark your calendars for March 2022!
2.) One of my favorite ways to mix and match bedding is to begin with a neutral quilt. Soft ivory or white quilts go with any color or decor style. There are many price points, so this look can be achieved no matter what your budget. On the high end, this is a lovely flax linen, oversized quilt. If you have pets, this quilt works great because it’s super easy to wash and dry. In the middle price range, this quilt is cotton, and almost looks hand stitched.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “To be kind is more important than to be right. Many times, what people need is not a brilliant mind that speaks but a special heart that listens.” ~F. Scott Fitzgerald
4.) So do you have your Christmas cookie baking list ready? Here are a few suggestions if you are in the mood to add something new. These pecan tassies are a traditional and beautiful addition to any cookie box. And don’t be afraid to think outside of the box! Bar cookies are a super easy and quick way to fill in your list. Or, another classic and one of my family’s favorite cookies during the holidays, semi-homemade peanut butter blossoms.
5.) We’re still settling into the Sugar Maple house, but we’ve made tremendous progress. One of the things I didn’t anticipate was that I was leaving my shelf display space in our Sutton Place living room. I don’t have anyplace to put my pitchers! So I’ve been looking at free-standing shelves and this is one of my favorites. This one is a simpler style, and I love the X-back feature. Kelly Clarkson Home offers this rustic bookcase, which would be a lighter and more feminine choice. I’m not in a huge hurry, but I hope to decide soon!
6.) Need some Christmas wreath inspiration? I made this wreath last year, and it is one of your favorites because it lasts all winter long. For a different look, this snowman wreath is festive and fun. (Here is a much more expensive version!) If fresh evergreens are your thing, this simple pine bunch could actually be free if you used greenery from your yard and accessories you already have!
7.) Looking for an easy dinner idea? Make this pork tenderloin and veggies on a sheet pan. Super simple!
8.) Christmas shows currently on Netflix: The Holiday (one of my favs), White Christmas, The Princess Switch (plus there are two sequels), Angela’s Christmas, and The Christmas Chronicles. All seasons of Downton Abbey are now on Netflix, and two must-watch Christmas episodes are Season 2, episode 9 and Season 5, episode 9.
9.) We’re having a small and quiet Thanksgiving, but as soon as it’s over, I’m going all out on Christmas decorating. Stay tuned for the SMH front porch, our mantel, and maybe even a Christmas tree!
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click on the images below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: