In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) I’ve been in love with quilts my whole life. I recently discovered a line of new quilts available at Pottery Barn…and they are wonderful. Beautiful autumnal colors are featured in the Jaxson Quilt, and the blue Harper Quilt features the classic wedding ring pattern with a modern twist. The Hazel Quilt has soft farmhouse colors, and when I saw the Lilo Handcrafted Quilt, I was immediately smitten. if you are ready to think ahead to Christmas, take a look at the Arden Tree Quilt, or my personal favorite, the Eve Applique Quilt. These quilts are investment pieces, but treasures like these will last a lifetime.
2.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “It’s worth remembering that it is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.” ~Queen Elizabeth II
3.) Like many of you, I have been a royal watcher since the Diana days. I’ve watched every documentary and movie made about the royal family. I was genuinely sad when I heard the Queen had died, but the United Kingdom, and the Queen’s family, have paid tribute in a way I could never have imagined. Over the past few weeks, I’ve been awestruck by the pageantry, and moved to tears by the sincere way they have honored a most-deserving woman. It’s not often we get to view history in the making. There were many poignant moments, but my favorite was when the Queen’s dogs were brought out of Windsor Castle to say goodbye. It nearly broke me. What was your favorite moment? Please share in the comments!
4.) Do you have someone special with a birthday coming up? Perhaps you have a new neighbor, or a friend who is struggling? A fall gift basket is the perfect way to remember anyone you care about. I’ve put together a guide that will help!
5.) INSPIRING SPACES: an absolutely stunning and stylish farmhouse, this swiss chalet inspired dining room, this rustic and charming Maine cabin, and this renovated 1820s center-hall Colonial in Connecticut.
6.) If your kids or grandkids pack their lunch for school, these “school safe” homemade granola bars look delicious! (School safe means no nuts.)
8.) I just discovered a new Instagram account to follow. Kimberly Jean, from Blessed and Humbled Home, has a beautiful feed that’s full of inspiration. Her rooms feature amazing wall treatments, gorgeous shelves, and a lovely kitchen.
9.) GREAT FURNITURE DEALS: this set of classic slat back side chairs, this traditional French accent chair (marked down 48%), this industrial and rustic bar cart, my new blanket ladder that I’m in love with, this navy blue sideboard that has the most interesting doors, and this distressed gray metal coffee table.
10.) That’s it for this week. Autumn officially arrives tomorrow. Are you ready?
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1). The Tanglewood House is going through some changes. We are just finishing a small makeover of our sunroom and a big makeover of our stairs! And in the midst of ladders and paint and boxes from furniture, I am decorating for fall! Here are a few posts that will give you lots of fall decorating ideas, FALL HOME TOUR 2022, 101 INSPIRING FALL DECORATING IDEAS, and EARLY FALL KITCHEN TOUR. Stop by next Monday for a new Fall Tour of our kitchen, sunroom, and guest room.
2. THE QUEEN: When I was a young girl I lived in Scotland and England. In those formative years, I grew to understand why the British people loved their queen. And I loved her too. My heart goes out to all the people of the United Kingdom and the royal family. God save the Queen.
3. DECORATING SCHOOL: This week let’s chat about Why Texture Is So Important, A Magic Decorating Rule that will instantly create beauty, and How To Layer Decor. All of these Interior Designer concepts are broken down into easy to understand processes you can use in your home. Here’s what one of StoneGable’s readers said about the decorating posts: Yvonne, you are such a wealth of knowledge and we thank you, so much, for everything you share with us. We always benefit from your posts and can use all your suggestions in making our house a home.
4. FABULOUS FINDS THIS WEEK
Under $50.00- this sweet honey pot with lid and stirrer, Mac Kenzie-Childs Courtley Check Pumpkin, fall leaf wreath, Nest pumpkin chi candle (my favorite candle brand), this neutral fall wreath, and this Staub pumpkin-shaped baker.
Under $150.00- amazing rug and upholstery spot cleaning machine, set of 3 rattan-wrapped cache pots, this chic table lamp I just got, these battery-operated wall sconces, and this gorgeous white pottery vase.
5. YUMMY FALL VINAIGRETTE: Here’s an easy and delicious pumpkin vinaigrette, Drizzle it on mixed greens and add a sprinkling of nuts. And chop in fall fruit like apples or pears.
In a jar with a lid add 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tsp fresh thyme, 2 TBS maple syrup or honey, 2 tsp mustard, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1/3 cup of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Shake well and enjoy!
6. CAPSULE WARDROBE: Jeans and blazers or sweater jackets are so popular this fall. This reader favorite knit blazer is a reader favorite, and I just ordered this sweater blazer. This long cardigan sweater and this stunning classic blazer are perfect and versatile for your fall capsule wardrobe. Add your favorite jeans and booties. And don’t forget a scarf.
7. INTERESTING FACTS: How old was Queen Elizabeth II when she ascended to the throne? How many dogs did the Queen have and what are their names?
8. FALL DIY’S YOU CAN DO: I love creating one-of-a-kind decor. Here are a few pretty things to make this fall. Each project has detailed instructions and lots and lots of pictures. I just posted this Bright And Brambly Fall Leaf Wreath on Monday. And the Leaf Candle Holder takes just minutes to put together. And these Chinoiserie Blue And White Pumpkins look so chic and are super easy to make! You can see more fall diy’s HERE.
10. CHRISTMAS SNEAK PEEK- It’s really not too early to get a few Christmas decor essentials. These are worth getting now: this flocked tree– I got this tree last year, see it HERE. Look for the image of the flocked tree. Have you seen a tree collar? This one is my favorite. I’m adding a little red this year and like these berry trees, and these paper stars, and these lit Moravian stars, and these rustic cow bells (see them in the tour above).
Answers to #8: Queen Elizabeth II was 25 years old when she ascended to the throne after the death of her father King George VI. The queen had four dogs. Two corgies, Sandy and Muick. A dorgi named Sandy, a corgi-dachshund mix, and Lissy a cocker spaniel who was a new addition in January of 2022.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. This week I decorated my tiny front porch and inside entryway for fall. I love to make my home welcoming for this family-oriented season and autumn decorating is often all about warmth.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES:
Don’t forget to check the FALL DECOR SHOP for all your autumn decorating needs.
3. If you love house tours, this gorgeous home is utterly dreamy. It’s new and modern but also vintage French-inspired. Don’t miss it!
4. FASHION PICKS: This fabulous drapey sweater comes in a range of colors at an amazing price. Wear it over these buttery soft leggings (also come in a range of colors) and these chic boots. If cashmere is more your thing, this classic crew neck is wonderful over these hi-rise black flare jeans. Top it all off with this luscious sweater coat (the “coatigan” is this season’s hot shape) and this terrific tote.
5. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: This kitchen counter view is utterly amazing! This lovely bedroom is the picture of understated elegance. Love this neutral space with stunning vintage doors and wall paint treatment.
6. FURNITURE DEALS: This industrial rustic bookshelf, this reclaimed wood antique white coffee table, this great looking farmhouse desk, this gorgeous wall-mounted carved teak headboard and this arc shaped wood and metal bar cart.
7. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this family room decorated with soft fall colors, this fall patio ready for outdoor entertaining, this lovely rose gold fall table and this builder grade bathroom update on a budget.
8. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: I’m not sure if I’ve ever shared this before. I have a few preferred perfumes that I alternate wearing, but my absolute top favorite is this one from Hermes.
9. FAVORITE QUOTE: “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” —Babe Ruth
10. UP NEXT: An all new interpretation of fall in the front entryway (indoors and out).
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my Instagram and my Amazon shop. Enjoy!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: