In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1). We all love to see what new home decor trends will be showing up on blogs and in magazines and in stores in the new year. This year you will probably love most of the new decor trends for 2023 as they are cozy and pretty and moving us to a more traditional/transitional style. Don’t miss 2023 DECOR TRENDS TO WATCH, I think you will love them.
2. SMART WAYS TO UPDATE WHAT YOU HAVE WITH PAINT: Think about painting and spray painting decor you already have. If you like the shape of a lamp or pitcher or tray but don’t like the color give it a coat of paint! Use spray paint to paint metal things too! Change the look of drawer pulls, door handles, curtain rods, garden stools, door knockers, and almost anything you can think of. You can get fabulous finishes using metallic spray paints. Remember there is magic in a paintbrush and spray nozzle.
3. DECOR FINDS UNDER $70.00: this pretty and versatile tray, these sweet parfait glasses, this perfectly pretty and neutral lumbar pillow, this small spool table on super sale (I ordered for my loft), this pedestal table I bought two weeks ago for 6 times as much!!!! Need I say, I’m returning it and getting this one. It’s a nice quality.
5. DECOR FINDS YOU WILL LOVE: this gorgeous mirror I just got for our living room to replace the clock, this gorgeous pedestal table, this handsome swivel chair, and this stunning rug, this cozy chair I got for my loft.
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What company used to sell mail-order homes? What color should you paint your door if you are selling your home?
8. POSTS TO READ THIS WEEK: You will want to try these delicious BLUEBERRY MUFFINS WITH A LEMON GLAZE. This week’s Decorating School post is all about SCALE AND PROPORTION. Learn these simple design rules and they will be a big help when you decorate. And if you missed it make sure to read 20 COZY WINTER DECORATING IDEAS.
9. WHERE TO FIND INSPIRATION: I’m thinking about making wallpaper panels for my dining area and found a great DIY for them HERE. We are hanging 6 pictures of our grandbabies on the landing of our stairs and I’ve been looking at the best way to hang them. HERE is a great post I found. Fudge is the perfect Valentine’s Treat. Here’s a video for a 3-ingredient FUDGE.
10. KITCHEN MUST-HAVES: These things make cooking so much easier. This food storage system, this chef knife I can’t cook without, this mixer, this immersion blender with attachments, and this meat thermometer.
Answer to #7: Sears used to sell mail-order homes. Many are still standing today. Homes with black doors sell for the most money.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. The decluttering is continuing around our home with these Drawer Organization Projects to Declutter Your Home and 10 Furniture Pieces That Add More Space for an Organized Home.
2. This week is all about best sellers. These are the tried and true items that readers have been buying and loving over the past few months. Some I’ve shared here and some I shared elsewhere on the blog and on social media, so they may be new to you, or it just might be the right time now… 🙂
DECOR BEST SELLERS UNDER $50: These lovely sculpted white towels, this hand-carved wooden dough bowl, these rustic dried flax stems, these toasty velvet quilted pillows, and these gold-trimmed acrylic drawer organizers.
5. Winter is a great time to concentrate on taking care of yourself. Check out these Self Care Ideas: 50 Ways to Improve Your Well-being.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these Calming Bedroom Decor Ideas and this post about replacing our kitchen backsplash: Kitchen Renovation: Marble Backsplash. I’m also starting to think about Valentine’s Day with this Rustic and Romantic Valentine’s Day Table Setting.
7. FASHION BEST SELLERS: By far #1 has been these stylish and well-priced high-waist boot cut jeans. Also popular, this chic puffer jacket, this classic lightweight fleece half-zip pullover, and this collarless windowpane shirt dress.
8. FURNITURE DEAL BEST SELLERS: This wonderful trestle coffee table (by far the #1 seller in furniture), this elegant sleek desk, this roll arm slip-covered sofa, these charming French bar stools, and this beautiful upholstered headboard.
And for a nice splurge that’s on sale, you all seem to be liking this fabulous cane and wood vanity. (I have it in my small guest bath and it’s terrific.)
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: For my French loving fans out there, this wonderful Instagram account brings it every time. I particularly love this exquisite hallway, this gorgeous French kitchen, and this charming dining gazebo.
10. UP NEXT: The ultimate guide to organizing your dining room and your tableware…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) This week on the blog I shared my mom’s spaghetti sauce recipe, and it’s super simple, but so delicious. (When it’s cooking, your house smells amazing!) I also made this maple cake, which is a from-scratch recipe, but it goes together in no time.
2.) VALENTINE’S DAY IDEAS FOR HIM: if you have a guy that will wear pink, this sweater is just what he needs! This button-down shirt also has some pink, but it’s much more subtle, and it’s very springy. This heart tie is perfect for Valentine’s Day, but can be worn anytime. (It would be especially fun at a wedding.) This wireless speaker can go anywhere, even in the water, and if your guy loves a good cold brew, consider this coffee maker.
3.) VALENTINE’S DAY FOR KIDS: any little girl would love this sweet sweatshirt, or this heart jewelry set. For boys, there’s this graphic tee, or these XOXO pajamas. For the whole family, take a look at these darling window clings, and these books: Love from the Very Hungry Caterpillar, I’ll Love You Till the Cows Come Home, and Little Blue Truck’s Valentine. (My grandson’s favorite!)
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “If you ever find yourself wondering why you continue to do something you don’t seem to enjoy anymore, ask yourself why you began in the first place. You’ll either find the reasons to continue or the reasons to stop.” ~LeticiaRae.com
5.) If your bedroom needs to be refreshed, take a look at these bedroom design trends. Still popular is a neutral color palette, lots of layers, and a few more ideas that might surprise you!
6.) Since I shared my take on how to love neutral bedding, I’ve received quite a few questions about our upholstered bed. It’s from Wayfair, and is available at this link. The color we got was called Groupie Latte, which is not currently listed, but it looks very close to Zuma Linen. We love this bed. I hired a handyman to put it together, but it wasn’t hard if you have the right tools. It’s been moved once, and is as sturdy as the first day we got it. We also have this queen tufted bed in our small guest room. Again, the color we purchased is not listed right now, but it looks identical to Cotton Chambers Chalk. If you are considering an upholstered bed, both of these have worked well for us, and I would highly recommend them. One more bed that I absolutely love is the Lafayette Mist Upholstered bed from Crate & Barrel. I wish I had another bedroom so I could buy it!
7.) INSPIRING SPACES: the before and after of this French farmhouse sunroom renovation is so impressive, this beautiful white kitchen renovation is like a breath of fresh air, this Rochester farmhouse has so many inspiring details, and this kitchen + dining room reveal is one gorgeous picture after another.
9.) WHAT I’M LOVING: I adore the texture on this upholstered pouf, and this stunning dough bowl looks like the real thing. I just ordered this cute crewneck tee with a ruffled neck. My latest Instagram crush is @kelseyleighdesignco, and if you want a great pair of comfortable tennis shoes, take a look at these.
10.) It’s January here in Ohio, which means gray skies and no sun. I’m trying to rise above it, but I admit some days it’s hard. If you’re in the same boat, hang in there. The days are already getting longer!
SUBSCRIBE AND GET my free guide:
“20 Ways to Update Your Home for Your Changing Lifestyle”!
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my Instagram and my Amazon shop. Enjoy!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: