In this post: Want to freshen up your home for the spring season? Find inspiration from these 101 spring decor ideas, as well as a new spring printable. ⇒
I had this false notion in my mind.
I’ve always thought of spring as a season you don’t really decorate for. I imagined that to be the domain of fall with its pumpkins, and winter with its evergreens, but in my mind, spring reflected the absence of seasonal decor. However, that couldn’t be further from the truth.
Indeed in recent years I’ve celebrated springtime in large part with seasonal flowers, or with Easter-specific concepts. Yet when I sat down to compile my list of spring decor ideas, the varied imagery inspired a list so long, that it evolved into this catalog of over 100 ideas!
Spring decor goes way past flowers, although it does include them too. But also, it comprises a range of motifs including birds, nests, branches, butterflies, eggs, bunnies and frogs. Additionally, there are colors, textures and patterns that are emblematic of the season, so read on for a comprehensive slate of spring decor ideas!
Spring Decor Ideas 1-20:
- Use scented floral candles like gardenia or jasmine.
- Hang a pair of botanical prints in the entryway over a console.
- Add pastel linen pillows to the sofa in soft yellow, blush pink, robins egg blue or mint green. Mix together or highlight one tone by itself.
- Place a stack of colorful books on the coffee table.
- Use a mix of fresh spring flowers in a focal point arrangement – lily of the valley, tulips, hyacinth, and daffodils. Layer them in a single bouquet or place in separate vases grouped together.
- Open all the windows and draperies and let the light in.
- Add removable wall decals with spring or floral motifs to the bathroom or laundry room.
- Hang a market basket over a doorknob. Let armloads of flowers spill over the corners.
- Display vacation photos from warm weather places.
- Present a group of lemons on a cake plate and display on the kitchen island.
- Paint something white. A piece of furniture you’ve been eying suspiciously or a woven basket that could use a crisp new coat.
- Use bird motifs throughout your decor. Try little bird figurines or printed textiles.
- Lighten up your home by decluttering your spaces. Use fewer pillows, books and vases.
- Have the windows cleaned.
- Drape a pastel tablecloth over an end table.
- Introduce rattan accessories like vases, trays and wicker baskets.
- Add butterfly napkin rings to your tableware.
- Flank the front door with boxwood topiaries.
- Place a watering can a the foot of a chair – the more patina the better.
- Place a wreath of cherry blossoms on the front door.
Spring Decor Ideas 20-40:
- Construct a spring arrangement in a clear vase with pastel eggs as filler and white dogwood branches tucked inside.
- Use seed packets in your spring vignettes. Try a bowl of these on the bathroom counter.
- Hang a straw sun hat on the wall. Better yet, hang several hats on a reclaimed wood coat rack.
- Fill a bowl with aromatic spring potpourri or place a reed diffuser on a table.
- Paint an inexpensive piece of accent furniture a bright color.
- Replace heavy drapes with light linen panels.
- Decorate a room in shades of green to remind you of the garden. Emphasize livable tones like pistachio and olive.
- Replace cream and ivory with crisp white in moldings and trim, linens, and anywhere else easily changeable.
- Use country french bistro stools at the kitchen island.
- Try dragonfly hardware or decor accents like this door knocker.
- Pepper your home with pops of color, such as a cobalt glass vase with yellow tulips.
- Bring the outdoors in with fresh planted herbs in the kitchen.
- Add whitewashed wooden bunnies for a sophisticated nod to Easter.
- Add a couple of garden stools to a large conversation area.
- Refresh the guest room with ticking stripe bedding.
- A trio of lavender topiary pots looks great on a console table.
- Channel the garden with vintage cast iron urns, used indoors.
- Collect vintage glassware in a rainbow of colors and display them on a bright white shelf.
- Add a seasonal runner to your dining table – in pastel linen or a pretty floral.
- Pop yellow forsythia branches in a tall white floor vase.
Spring Decor Ideas 40-60:
- Use botanical imagery on tossed pillows or tea towels.
- Use twiggy nests in your vignettes and displays. Drop a nest on a stack of books or lean a few on the mantel.
- If you enjoy a blue and white palette, this is your season. Pair china blue with crisp white in chinoiserie porcelain and textiles.
- Add a colorful accent rug for some excitement underfoot.
- Use fruit-themed decor and imagery on bowls and other pottery.
- Take advantage of a great view, turning furniture toward the windows.
- Change your hand soaps to ones with refreshing spring scents, like lavender or lemon verbena.
- Use gingham check pillows and windowpane check curtain panels.
- Add fresh green plants or faux greenery.
- Use brightly toned outdoor dishes for your indoor meals.
- Try a simple floral garland on the living room mantel.
- Include patterned bedding in a child’s bedroom with naif imagery like stylized frogs or other motifs.
- Stock up on pretty planter pots and be sure to coordinate the colors.
- Fill a vintage wood dough bowl with moss or grassy plantings, or try this faux potted moss.
- Bees are another motif that are perfect for the change in seasons to warm weather.
- Use rope tied in nautical knots.
- A few well placed chicks can hint at Easter without being overly obvious. Try one peeking over the edge of a vintage teacup and another across the room sitting on an unassuming shelf.
- Paint the front door a pop color.
- Lighten up your landscape art. Show fields of lavender instead of heavy wooded landscapes.
- Add a centerpiece of pink peonies to the dining table.
Spring Decor Ideas 60-80:
- Spritz lavender linen spray on beautiful white bed linens.
- Gather a cluster of bud vases with individual flowers. Try an array of pinks or a mix of chalky brights.
- Create a spring vignette on the kitchen island with varied seasonal items on a tiered tray.
- Add a trio of plants doormat to welcome guests to your home.
- Replace a heavy wooly ottoman with a patchwork pouf.
- Use decorative pail planters as homage to the garden, then repurpose in the summer to be reminiscent of the beach.
- Consider an accent wall of peel and stick floral wallpaper.
- Use a driftwood chain for a note of woodsy springtime.
- Give a deep spring cleaning to the patio, then refresh your outdoor decor.
- Try bamboo handled flatware.
- Use mirrors to reflect more light. Layer a few on the mantel or above a dresser.
- Place a garden bench in the entryway.
- Display flowers in a paper cone posey. Hang them on a cabinet knob or window shutter.
- Pastel ginger jars add a sense of freshness to a space.
- Restock the bar cart with citrus infused drinks.
- Place dried lavender in a garden urn for a light and lovely spring scent.
- Perk up a bookshelf with a touch of color by adding patterned wallpaper or fabric to the back wall. Alternatively try an accent paint color.
- Highlight the planting season with woodsy bits of bark and twigs.
- Use stacked wicker baskets as a side table.
- Get a spring cottage feel with light toned wood floors.
Spring Decor Ideas 80-100:
- Place a cluster of baby’s breath in an antique ironstone pitcher.
- Use tall pussy willows in a stone floor urn with a narrow opening.
- Add a beautiful white orchid in a chinoiserie cachepot to an otherwise neutral room. It will make a commanding statement.
- Hang dreamy sheers on the windows for an ethereal look.
- Work in a pop of color with a lacquer box.
- Place a potted indoor tree in a rattan planter next to the buffet or in a corner.
- Use boho textures like macrame and fringes for a relaxed vibe.
- Try out a large airy birdcage on an accent table.
- Layer clay planter pots on a wooden riser for a pretty spring vignette.
- DIY a decoupage pitcher with floral or chinoiserie paper napkins.
- A chippy wooden stool in a pretty color adds a note of country style to a chic space.
- Fill a bleached teak bowl with perky lemons and greenery.
- Decorate a clean white wall with basket wall art.
- Tuck faux olive branches into a rugged vintage jug.
- Hang a pampas grass wreath on a mirror above the fireplace.
- Fold a trio of charming Easter dish towels over the oven door handle.
- Open a cookbook to your favorite spring recipe and place in a cookbook stand on the counter.
- Keep reading materials in a seagrass basket next to the couch.
- Embellish a mantel vignette with faux artichokes, carrots and asparagus.
- Keep a pair of lime green garden clogs or yellow rain boots in a boot tray in the mudroom.
Spring Decor Idea #101:
There you have 100 spring decor ideas, but I have one more to add…
Download and print this lovely pair of spring printable wall art, then pop in a frame to enjoy for the season… 🙂
If you’d like FREE access to the art, just fill out the form below to become a blog subscriber. The art will automatically be sent direct to your inbox, along with our new posts as they come out. For best results, print on 8 x 10 card stock or water color paper.
If you are already a subscriber just click over to the Subscribers Only Library and use the password which you can find in any of my emails, including the one you received today… 🙂
(*Do not print from the images below as they are watermarked and not high quality. For the 2 separate pieces of hi-res artwork, you must fill out the form.)
If you just play with a few of these ideas, you will add tons of spring character to the rooms in your home, revealing that springtime is most definitely a time to decorate with seasonal flair.
Why wait for the year to be half over to celebrate the seasons in your decor?
Spring Decor Ideas Resource Guide
To get the look, click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. If an item is out of stock but may be restocked, I left it on the list.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Beyond the Spring Wreath: Spring Decor Ideas and Trends for the Home
- 8 Design Elements That Will Refresh Your Spring Home
- Farmhouse Spring Decor Ideas to Update Every Room in Your Home
- How to Use Accessories to Add Spring Color to a Neutral Home
- Spring Decor: Using Garden Decor Indoors for a Spring Family Room
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click on the images below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: