In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Trends are a funny thing. Just when some people are jumping on them, other people are declaring them dead. In truth, when a trend is adapted to fit with your taste, it can live on and on. Likewise, many trends evolve in name only, while the aesthetic is enjoyed for years. Case in point, be sure to check out these spring farmhouse decor ideas, which might also be called ‘rustic chic’ or ‘modern vintage’. Call it what you will, I’m very much enjoying them… 🙂
2. Whatever design looks I’m influenced by, I never stray too far from my favorite French-inspired style. Here are The Best French Country Decor Ideas for Spring.
3. FURNITURE DEALS: If you’re anything like me, you might enjoy sprucing up your home for spring with a few new pieces to lighten things up, without making a major investment. Some great options are this pretty console cabinet, this wider more open media console, this wonderful storage bed (on sale!), this elegant cane back settee, and this fabulous counter height dining table. If you’re looking for a long media console, this one is terrific!
4. I love to share Instagram accounts that I find inspiring, but this week I’m going to share something a little different and way more personal. I’ve spent the past few weeks visiting my daughter who’s been living in Australia, and besides having a marvelous trip that I will eventually write a blog post about, something very exciting happened. It just might involve her prince, a ring, and a magical moment on the beach.
5. FASHION PICKS: And since I’ve spent the past month in summer weather, I’m all about spring spring fashion. Things I’ve tried out that became new faves include these sneakers, this brilliant dupe of the Dior sandal (for a fraction of the price!), this lovely pinstripe shirt, this perfect flowy trench coat, and this classic easy tote.
6. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared this cherry blossom table for Easter, these spring printables to create flower-cone-holders, this chic decor for a spare bedroom, and these simple changes for a functional, yet casually elegant family room.
7. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: This sweet fluted watering can, this charming wire caddy for casual serving, this neutral waffle tea towel, these beautifully delicate melamine dinner plates, and this scallop-edged woven waste bin.
8. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: These ruffled white linen shams, this elegant shagreen table clock, this uniquely shaped terracotta vase, these very current indoor/outdoor pillows, and this sage striped beach towel (get it now – it will sell out!).
9. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This light and airy, hand woven rattan food tray with cover, this sophisticated picture light (comes in several colors), this bountiful spring faux herbiflora wreath and this charming outdoor side table.
10. UP NEXT: A stunning home tour, a tiny bathroom renovation and more spring decor.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) My living room is ready for spring! Take a look at the easy updates I added to brighten things up. It’s all very quick, and it made such a difference!
2.) THRIFTY FURNITURE FINDS: this small and feminine console table available in 4 colors, this 2-drawer end table that comes in more than a dozen lovely colors, this handsome end-of-the-bed bench, and this one too (LOVE), and this 2-door accent cabinet that will fit just about anywhere.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand that it is the common, everyday blessings of our common everyday lives for which we should be particularly grateful. They are the things that fill our lives with comfort and our hearts with gladness–just the pure air to breathe and the strength to breath it; just warmth and shelter and home folks; just plain food that gives us strength; the bright sunshine on a cold day; and a cool breeze when the day is warm.”
~Laura Ingalls Wilder
4.) WHAT’S INSPIRING ME: if you have always wanted to know how to fold a napkin like bunny ears, click HERE! I love the way these huge baskets are used as planters, take a tour of this spring style cottage bedroom, and if you love salmon, check out how to make it in foil packets.
5.) FAVORITE YOUTUBE CHANNELS: XO, MaCenna is a true, real life DIY girl, Emma Hill lives in the English countryside and loves neutrals, Welcome to the Woods features Melissa Woods who does EVERYTHING on her own, and America’s Test Kitchen shares easy and delicious recipes.
6.) RECENT FASHION PURCHASES: head on over to my shopping page to get some new ideas!
7.) If you need a couple of spring dessert suggestions, I’ve got you covered! These sweet little blueberry cookies are delicious, and these old fashioned soft sugar cookies are easy, and they melt in your mouth.
8.) RESHARE: As I was strolling through this slideshow of outdoor dining spaces, each one made me smile. Get ideas and beautiful inspiration at the link.
9.) RECENT MOST CLICKED LINKS: this curved hem tunic from Land’s End, these comfy relaxed chinos, this handy and cute potting bench, this set of white washed candle holders, this colorful colander, and this stylish oak wood tripod floor lamp.
10.) Have a wonderful and peaceful week!
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1). Our front door is open so I hope you will come on in and look around. I’m sharing my 2023 Spring Home Tour. This spring there are new things to see, a bit more color in our home and it is decorated with pretty organics! Hope you stop by!
2. Tulip Savvy: I have a very popular post How To Care For Cut Tulips So They Last Longer but what if you want your tulips to open more quickly for guests or a beautiful spring or Easter table? You can help coax them to open by putting them in tepid (too warm or hot) water in their vase. Also, speed their opening up by putting them in sunlight. You can also give them a little sugar rush by adding a half teaspoon of sugar to their water.
3. Decor Crushes:
Under $100: This spring and summer duvet set, this lightweight throw, these attractive bunny bookends, this amazingly beautiful floral art, this pretty pair of lamps I bought for our loft, this cast metal bowl, and this square upholstered ottoman (just got 2)
4. St Patrick’s Day: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day by making a very easy and Classic Irish Soda Bread. It’s a quick bread which means no kneading or waiting for the bread to rise. It has a golden crust and a dense but light crumb. If you like quick breads you might also like 5 Scrumptious Quick Breads To Try.
6. The Garden Scoop: It’s almost planting time. Get a head start on things you will need: this potting scoop, this gardening basket, this most popular fluted garden pot, this potting bench, long floral garden gloves (saves my arms), and my favorite gardening hat.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What animal has blue blood? What two natural fears are all people born with?
8. Spring Decorating: The Ultimate Guide To Spring Decorating shows you creative ways to use the most popular spring decor. LOTS of ideas! And has sources for the prettiest spring decor.
9. Digging In The Dirt: Salad greens are so easy to plant. They do well in cool weather. I plant loose-leaf salad mix seeds in two large shallow pots. The plants come up so quickly and we harvest them when they are quite young and tender. Replant more seeds where the leaves are taken from the pot. I plant my “salad bowl” near our garage which is close to our kitchen. I keep my salad bowls planted until I see the greens starting to bolt in the summer.
Answer to #7: An octopus has blue blood and nine brains. The two fears people are born with are the fear of falling and the fear of loud sounds. All other phobias are learned.
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my Instagram and my Amazon shop. Enjoy!!
subscribe to our newsletter and RECEIVE OUR FREE GUIDE “20 WAYS TO UPDATE YOUR HOME”
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: