One of the things I most love about fall is the warm feeling it brings to the home. This cozy feeling can be delivered in several ways, from plush textured fabrics to traditional autumn imagery. But the season also is known for its own unique color palette, and while I start out decorating in very neutral colors, as the season progresses I begin to add in richer tones. Here are 12 tips for adding fall color to the living room.
Today I’m joining with a group of bloggers to bring you the bHome Fall Tour. Please be sure to visit the other links at the bottom of the post, where you’ll also find a giveaway for a $250 Amazon Gift Card from our sponsor, My Paint Saint. But first let’s look at 12 tips for adding fall color to the living room.
- Red wine and golden goblets – the harvest season is a great time to sprinkle in vineyard imagery, from clusters of grapes to a vibrant bottle of wine. The gold crackle goblets are a lovely complement to the dark elixir.
2. Copper urns – I’ve been enjoying the versatility of copper for a year or so now. When paired with neutrals it adds a subtle gleam, but when mixed with deeper colors, its own red undertones can really be appreciated.
3. Fall floral – hydrangea and eucalyptus work beautifully here, and they both dry well once the arrangement fades.
4. A vignette on the sideboard – I do fall vignettes throughout my home, and each one offers the opportunity for a new mix of objects. Here the presentation is topped with a gilded cherub, a way to personalize the more traditional items.
5. Assortment of colorful pumpkins – of course you can go with classic orange, but the more interesting pumpkins in both shape and color can be found at farm stands in pale warm colors.
6. Velvet pumpkins – you’ll be seeing a lot of these beauties, as I’m crushing on them big time. They come in all colors and sizes and can really define your fall decor.
7. Dried mini roses – these flowers dry beautifully and add a lovely touch to any arrangement. Here I have them spilling from a teacup, but I really can’t get enough of these and use them all over.
8. White craft pumpkins – I love adding these fun little bits to an oversized bowl and tucking them into obscure little corners.
9.Hay stalks in copper jug – another classic fall image is that of hay bales and stalks. The stalks look wonderful mixed with a copper vessel, which contrasts the dry texture nicely with its warm gleam.
10. Cup of tea with a book – I’m always happy to display my teacups, but what better opportunity that relaxing with a book and a cup of tea? Pumpkin spice anyone?
11. Pears and herbed goat cheese – to complete the fall vignette, some cheese and fruit is perfect for this setting.
12. Fur throw – a toasty faux fur throw is a wonderful item to drape over a chair, or to wrap yourself up in on a chilly evening.
Source List – Click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. (This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
- Leopard Pillows
- Velvet pumpkins
- Copper urns
- Gold goblets
- Needlepoint pillows
- Faux fur throw
- Patina Farm book
If you have more ideas, I’d love to see them in the comments below! You may also enjoy some of these other rooms in my fall home…
And now on to the giveaway…
Enter to win a $250 Amazon Gift Card from our bHome Tour Sponsor ~ My Paint Saint.
Got paint? You need My Paint Saint ~ the all in one touch up painting solution.
Check MPS out!
To Enter simply PIN this image
and let us know you did in a comment with the link to the pin or just your word that you did.
( we trust you – good luck!)
Winner chosen by random & notified by email on October 7th
Visit 5 other bHome Bloggers today – 30 in all by the end of the week !
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: