In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG: I shared a trio of fall room tours, including these Chic Fall Decor Ideas for the Family Room, these 6 Ways to Add Fall Warmth to the Bedroom, and this Home Office Refresh with Fall Decorating Ideas.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These wonderful apothecary glass vases in a trio of fall colors, these brass taper holders, this set of 2 whitewashed mango wood boxes, and this round water hyacinth hamper (great sale price!)
5. ORGANIZING and DECLUTTERING: There are several times of year that are natural motivators to get organized – New Year’s, spring cleaning, and the beginning of the “school year”. If September is your favorite time to get it together, this post is for you: Declutter Your Home: 10 Awesome Home Organization Projects and Ideas.
6. FASHION PICKS: Like trendy jeans, but not the price? These awesome jeans are on sale (check all the colors for available sizes). Pick up these fabulous sandals (a great quality knockoff of the designer ones that are 10 times the price). Wear it with my favorite tee and this cute on-trend blazer. For the weekend try these terrific joggers with this comfy half-zip sweatshirt, these tonal sneakers that I’m obsessed with and this perfect broken in baseball cap.
7. Looking for chic accent seating for those secondary corners of your home? Check out Where to Find an Affordable Settee Bench. If soft and neutral is your jam, find inspiration in this Soft and Neutral Fall Table Setting.
8. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: In love with this stunning kitchen, (even though it’s not all white!) This beautiful stairway is just perfect and note the wonderful shelf styling. This living room is gorgeous and cozy at the same time.
9. Don’t forget to check out the NEW Fall Decor Shop. There are 12 categories including fall wreaths, faux pumpkins, autumn branches, seasonal vases + bowls, fall pillows + throws, lots of organics, scented candles, fall florals, autumnal wall art, Thanksgiving tabletop and seasonal other decor. Finally, enjoy the Halloween shop.
10. UP NEXT: Lots more fall room tours!
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Thank you for your advice and encouragement when I asked last week for content suggestions. I really appreciated all the comments and emails! Everyone was very generous, and I now have direction and new ideas. Sometimes just voicing your feelings and doubts results in peace of mind!
2.) NEW ON THE BLOG: I just shared a very detailed post on decorating for fall by creating vignettes. They are an easy tool that fills in the empty places in your decor plan, they are quick, and they can reflect your own personal style!
3.) A few weeks ago, a reader left a comment asking about faux sunflowers. I decided to source out some fall stems just in case you need a fresh look. These lifelike Real Touch sunflowers are beautiful, but if you want single, show-stopping big blooms, these stems are a good choice. I ordered these faux cornflower stems from Target, along with these faux hops stems. They just arrived and I love them! I also think these rustic wild berry stems would be perfect for any style of autumn decor. (I love the way they drip.)
4.) Now moving on to faux pumpkins. It’s a little early to actually bring them out, but it’s not too early to order them. Lifelike faux pumpkins are an investment, but for some of us, they are just more practical. This pumpkin is a great size, and looks like the real thing. This one would be great for stacking, and this set of 4 would be an excellent way to start your collection. You can also find great deals at places like HomeGoods or T.J.Maxx. This resin pumpkin from Marshalls is super budget-friendly, and here is another one.
5.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “The sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” ~Alexandra Elle
6.) INSPIRING PLACES: this darling country home decorated with vintage finds in Sweden, 15 amazingly gorgeous mudroom ideas, Shea McGee’s latest renovation, and this carefully restored Victorian home in London.
7.) This beautiful song, Til You’re Home, is from the film A Man Called Otto and was written and performed by Rita Wilson, along with Sebastian Yatra. Rita Wilson is married to the star of the movie, Tom Hanks. You can watch A Man Called Otto on Netflix.
8.) If you liked HBO’s The Gilded Age, the second season begins on October 29th. Catch the first teaser trailer HERE.
9.) RECIPES FOR LATE SUMMER: this tomato galette is the perfect way to enjoy tomatoes from your garden or the farm stand, this corn chowder is amazing when made with corn fresh off the cob, and you will never taste the veggies in this chocolate zucchini cake!
10.) That’s a wrap for this week. Fall arrives in 24 days!
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1). I have more ideas for fall decorating than all the days in fall! No wonder I started posting fall decor a bit early! The latest fall posts on the blog are 7 Fall Coffee Table Ideas Using 8 Items. This post will give you simple and pretty ideas for fall vignettes to use on your flat surfaces. Also, 100+ Inspiring Fall Decorating Ideas and a fun post called A Few Of My Favorite Things- The Fall Edition.
2. I like a clean home, but I really don’t like to clean. Over the years, I’ve developed systems and shortcuts for keeping our home clean and organized! You can see all my secrets in the Clean And Organize Ultimate Guide. Do you have any cleaning or organizing tips? Let us know in the comments.
3. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week.
4. Fall Decor Crushes: This beautiful golden ash wreath, this attractive galvanized tray, this pretty amber glass pumpkin cloche, this green realistic pumpkin (on sale), and this fall doormat (on sale).
6. I’m a big fan of quick breads! These easy-to-make recipes are delicious. I put together 6 Scrumptious Quick Bread Recipes You Will Love!
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: What is the scientific name for brain freeze? What is the offspring of a Polar bear and a Grizzly bear called?
8. Capsule Wardrobe – My Favorite Finds I Actually Have: I have four pairs of these crop pants, they are fabulous, and these knit pants, this ballet sleeve tunic in black, I just ordered this vest in Forest Moss (on sale), and these silver and gold earrings.
10. Next Monday- look for my 2024 Fall Home Tour. I’m using this fall’s hot color- honey!
Answer for #7- The scientific name for brain freeze is sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia. The offspring of a Polar bear and a Grizzly bear is called a Pizzy Bear.