In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) NEW ON THE BLOG: I just shared our living room quietly decked out for autumn. I focused on the mantel, coffee table, and of course, pillows and throw blankets. It’s simple, but very warm and cozy.
2.) FURNITURE FINDS: I love this natural arched bookcase from Hearth and Hand, and it would look lovely with a set of these simple slipper chairs (on clearance.) I wish I had someplace to put this rattan buffet cabinet, and if you need a little extra storage for coats, this wall hook is functional and pretty. I love the hardware on this tall two door cabinet, and this beautiful double door accent cabinet is available in a gorgeous shade of navy, as well as white.
3.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “What defines beauty isn’t size or style; it’s the quality of thought, the resilience of character, and the peace that dwells within.” ~Found HERE.
4.) INSPIRING IDEAS: if you love to decorate your porch with pumpkins, here are 21 creative ways to do it! You will not believe the before and after of this Swedish country house, and see how a 1928 cottage was transformed into a dream riverfront getaway.
5.) FALL FAVORITES: One of my favorite things about fall is being able to pull out all of my leggings and cozy tunic tops. Here are a few of my favorite tunics: I love the Fit Performance long sleeve tees from J.Jill. I buy one or two every time they come out with a new collection. They wear like iron, and wash up beautifully. This pale blue striped tunic blouse is classic, and perfect for almost any occasion. You can never go wrong with a white linen boyfriend shirt. Last but not least, is this denim tunic. Dress it up or down…add pearls or a t-shirt underneath. (Everything at Talbot’s is buy-one-get-one half off until Sunday.)
6.) READY FOR PUMPKIN SEASON? I’m having the best time updating some of the pumpkin dessert recipes that have been on my blog for years. You might like these pumpkin turnovers that have the most amazing cinnamon glaze, or this layered pumpkin dessert that is seriously better than pumpkin pie!
7.) If you are wishing for a fun and festive drink to celebrate fall, I have just the thing. This Apple Mocktail Recipe is so refreshing, but has a spicy component from the addition of ginger beer. It’s delicious!
8.) Coming on Sunday is the OSP Printable Calendar for 2024. As always, each month has its own floral design, and I added a new blood pressure tracker. It’s for my email subscribers only, so if you would like to join us, CLICK HERE.
9.) As we reach the middle of September, I hope this finds you all well. I know that some of you are still experiencing stifling temps, and for many of you, fall seems a long time away. Hang in there…it’s coming.
Yvonne | Stone Gable
2. Did you see the all-new 2023 Fall Idea Book? This 36-page magazine-style book is loaded with beautiful images and so many ideas for your home! Scroll down the page of the post to sign up.
3. Here are my favorite finds from Amazon this week. I found lovely things for fall this week!
4. Easy 20-Minute One Pan Meal: Add a round of Borsin to the middle of a baking dish. Add 2 cups of orzo, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 cup of sundried tomatoes-chopped, 2 TBS sundried tomato oil, 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, a pinch of dried basil, and oregano. Cover and bake for 20 minutes at 450 degrees. Fluff orzo. Continue to bake until the orzo is almost done. Add 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese and two cups of spinach. Stir, cover, and bake for 5 more minutes. Stir and serve. YUM. You can add cooked shredded chicken to the dish when you add the cheese if you like.
5. Fall Finds: This amazing pumpkin I just got, these fluffy and cute pumpkins, and this large pumpkin bowl (LOVE), this acorn and mushroom filler, this wheat sheave, this stunning champagne glass pumpkin, this pumpkin spice, pumpkin candle, this realistic pumpkin pillow, this fabulous pumpkin cloche with a wooden base, this pumpkin mug, this festive fall wreath.
6. Beautiful Homes: I’m just enthralled with this lookbook– the honey-colored decor is inspiring, Jennifer shows us how to decorate for fall and avoid cheap fall decor, and this design tour marathon has so many decor ideas, and Lisa Holt shows us how to make a home cozy.
7. Fun And Interesting Facts: Where is the word harvest from? What is the fear of Halloween called?
8. Decor Finds: This incredible shaker bench (LOVE), this stunning quilt, this must-have ceramic party bucket, this framed canvas wall art of a home by the sea, this great-priced chunky knit throw in many colors, and one of my favorite chairs on sale.
9. Funny Sayings: I love a good giggle! An apple a day keeps the doctor away- if you throw it hard enough.
10. Fun Posts: Did you see A Few Of My Favorite Things- The Fall Edition? It’s filled with fall inspiration that will get you excited for the season. And make sure to check out September Is A Great Month To… with ideas for celebrating this month. Happy Fall!
Answer To #7: The word harvest comes from the Latin word for autumn, when crops were harvested and stored for the winter. Samhinophobia is the fear of Halloween.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. Are you looking to buy a few key pieces to update your fall wardrobe? Be sure to check out my ALL NEW Fall Capsule Wardrobe with a summary of all the top trends, a variety of mix and match outfit ideas, and sources for all. Designer looks at attainable prices, but all top quality!
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These fabulous reclaimed wood candle holders (set-of-3), this gorgeous tapestry throw pillow, these charming handled ceramic canisters, and this stunning hand blown cloche dome.
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $120: This very cool woven side table, this fabulous terracotta hanging skeleton, this beautiful hand-printed raw silk pillow cover, and my favorite large vase-urn in white,
4. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $200: This wonderful gingham fringed tablecloth, this chic abstract animal rug, this lovely triple glass bathroom shelf, and this gorgeous burled wood waterfall side table.
5. THIS WEEK ON THE BLOG I shared these Super Easy Fall Decorating Ideas for the Kitchen, these Pretty Fall Bathroom Decor Ideas, this Fall Decor for a Tiny Front Porch and my favorite Soft Vintage Autumn Table.
6. LUXURY LINK OF THE WEEK: My absolute favorite skillets are among the best of the best. And if you’re going to justify a splurge, it’s easy to do it on something you use every day. And while they may be more than some fry pans, they’re hardly unattainable as compared to a luxury handbag… 😉
7. Have you got a piece of furniture that’s too dark for your room? Here’s how I lightened up my dining room with a DIY painted china cabinet: DIY Painted China Cabinet. It brightened up an entire corner of the room!
8. FURNITURE DEALS: These sleek wooden drink tables, this natural rattan club chair, this terrific rustic wooden bench, this charming 3-tier accent shelf with knobby legs, and this wonderful boucle accent chair.
9. WHAT’S INSPIRING ME AROUND THE WEB: Sharing some lovely images this week from one of my all time favorite Instagram accounts, including this simple, charming, yet utterly gorgeous entryway, this wonderful example of beautifully styled shelves, and this delightful corner that shows off Swedish style so perfectly.
10. UP NEXT: How to save money on French inspired decor…