In this post: Wednesday Weekly Wish List is the place to find recommendations and ideas, personal favorites and little pleasures that will add a bit of joy to your life.⇒
Welcome to another week of the Wednesday Weekly Wishlist, a place for a little midweek inspiration! We invite you to click the links and explore what’s enchanting us right now. Enjoy!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Lory | Designthusiasm
1. It’s January and that means getting deep into decluttering for me. If the kitchen is your sore spot, you’ll love: The Complete Guide to Kitchen Organization. For more general organization ideas check out 8 Surprising Places That I Store Things and 5 Decluttering Tips You May Not Have Thought Of.
2. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $50: These sweet silk velvet hearts, this adorable felt heart garland, this ‘Love is Here’ coir doormat, and this charming marble heart shaped box. Yep, I’m thinking about Valentine’s Day already!
3. CURRENT DECOR CRUSHES UNDER $100: This lovely subtle print pillow, this wonderful sophisticated cable knit throw, this elegant blue and white tea caddy (adorable, but be mindful of the delivery date) and this heart shaped marble serving board.
6. FASHION PICKS: January brings some amazing sales and here are some great classics to get at slashed prices. This Italian boiled wool top coat, this cashmere crew neck (select colors on sale), this classic denim jacket, this perfect vintage cotton crew neck tee, these high waist bootcut jeans, and these suede booties.
7. Does the winter inspire you to try DIY projects at home? Here is my very first, and hence most detailed, chalk painting project: DIY Chalk Painted Table Makeover Tutorial. After this tiny little table, I was hooked!
10. UP NEXT: 50 ways to improve your well being…
Ann | On Sutton Place
1.) Some fun neutral decor and decluttering ideas were shared on the blog this week. If you are overwhelmed at the thought of clearing the clutter, take a look at these 10 Tips To Declutter Your Home. Then…see how a layered neutral color palette in a bedroom can be restful and cozy, but never boring!
2.) Valentine’s Day is about a month away…so it’s time to think ahead! Let’s start with ideas for her. This sweet cotton shirt with little hearts would be perfect with jeans, and anyone would look good in this neutral sweater sprinkled with hearts. I also love this navy graphic sweatshirt, these super cute cropped pajama pants, and this darling heart bracelet is 50% off! This adorable heart apron is available for both adults and kits.
3.) Valentine’s Day Ideas for the Home: all the girls in my family have this beautiful ruffled heart dish. It’s perfect for a cookie cake or raspberry crisp! I think this heart dinnerware collection can be used all year-round, and these darling little Le Creuset cocottes can be used for individual side dishes or desserts. (They are a great price for Le Creuset.) I love this cozy heart shaped pillow that comes in three colors, and this Wheaton Striped Linen Collection (choose the color cardinal) can not only be used for Valentine’s Day, but for the three patriotic holidays and Christmas! Last but not least, this cute hugs and kisses vase is a great size, and a great price.
4.) FAVORITE QUOTE: “Today…love others for who they are, see the beauty in the journey, hold your head high and be brave, extend a hand, give back, and believe in the power of simply being kind.” ~Rachel Marie Martin
5.) INSPIRING SPACES: this incredible home has the most wonderful name…West Chop Cottage, this cape style house is stunning after a makeover, this Studio McGee remodel has endless inspiration, and this gorgeous white home from Pure Salt Interiors is like a breath of fresh air!
6.) ONE POT DINNERS: nothing is better than a simple, one pot dinner. My husband loves this chicken gnocchi soup, and it’s the best comfort food ever. This potato soup recipe goes together easily in just one pot, as does my vegetable beef soup. Serve all these recipes with this easy rustic instant yeast bread for a wonderful and filling dinner.
7.) Do you have trouble falling asleep? Or sleeping through the night? Both of these things can be frustrating + exhausting. I put together a huge collection of tips and ideas that can help you battle these two things. Also included are tips from my readers!
8.) FAVORITE SITES FOR CLASSIC DECOR: if I could, I would take one of everything from Lauren Haskell Designs, my favorite place to get very budget-friendly pillows and other decor accessories is H&M HOME, and I can always find something to add to my cart at Target, especially anything from the Hearth and Hand Collection.
9.) RANDOM FAVORITES: if you love to read, follow this Instagram account. The other night I watched this movie, and cried just like I did when I first saw it in 1975! (It’s also streaming right now on Netflix.) This is another Instagram account that makes me smile with every post, and I adore this ginger beer mixed with cranberry juice drink!
10.) Have a wonderful week!
Yvonne | Stone Gable
1. WINTER DECORATING: Now that my Christmas decorations are put away I’m enjoying the stripped down, clean look of our home. I love decorating for winter. You can see 20 Cozy Decorating Ideas and Easy Practical Winter Foyer Ideas for inspiration.
2. DECORATING SCHOOL: Did you know that there is a category on the blog that is called Decorating School? It has interior design best practices for decorating you home. I’ve broken down these concepts into easy to understand, doable process that you can use over and over again to decorate your home. These concepts really work! Go to Decorating School and change the way you decorate!
3. FABULOUS FIND UNDER $60.00: this textural basket, this handsome rattan tray, this handy wooden turntable, my favorite glass serving bowl with wooden lid, this gorgeous ribbed vase, and these wooden candlesticks.
4. FABULOUS FINDS UNDER $150.00: this pretty accent chair, my favorite rattan tray, this clock I ordered for my office, this console table we are putting in the loft, this beautiful sleek accent lamp, and this stunning bowl.
5. FABULOUS FINDS WORTH THE SPLURGE: this fabulous rug, this round table (I ordered 2), this beautiful console table, heavenly accent chair we are decorating our loft and I LOVE these chairs), and this beautiful rug (also looking at this for our loft).
6. FOODIE HACKS THAT WORK: Use a Mason jar to make salad dressings, just put everything in the jar and shake. Use a sheet pan to collect all your mise en place (I do this all the time) and keep them organized. Save clear plastic egg cartons and use the egg holder part to freeze things like pesto, sauces, salad dressings and more. Freeze and pop them out and put them in a freezer bag in the frig. Prevent a mixing bowl from slipping on your counter by putting a barely damp dish towel under it. Works for sheet pans too. To bring eggs to room temperature quickly, put them in warm water for a few minutes. Use unflavored dental floss to cut soft cheese like goat cheese.
7. FUN AND INTERESTING FACTS: What kind of doorknob cleans itself? Psychologists say thing one thing in your home is a big stress buster, what is it?
8. BEAUTIFUL HOME IDEAS: You can get so many amazing ideas and learn tidbits about interior design by visiting beautiful homes! This Low-Country Cottage makes my heart sing, this amazing Farmhouse Showcase, and a Country Home where the owner has such a wonderful sensibility!
9. Make sure you have signed up for my ORGANIZE YOUR HOME FOR GOOD e-magazine. It is full of decluttering and cleaning ideas that will work in your home.
10. ORGANIZING FINDS: this under the sink organizer on sale now (just ordered), this set of 8 food storage set, this kitchen cart has storage and a butcher block top, this expandable linen drawer organizer (LOVE), these pretty and sturdy magazine holders (have these for my Cook’s Illustrated Magazines).
Answer to #8- Brass doorknobs actually clean themselves. The ions in brass and copper are toxic to mold, viruses and other bad bugs. Plants and flowers are big stress busters in a home. Add more to your home!
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my Instagram and my Amazon shop. Enjoy!!
subscribe to our newsletter and RECEIVE OUR FREE GUIDE “20 WAYS TO UPDATE YOUR HOME”
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: