In this post: After a long stressful day, who wouldn’t love to indulge in a spa bath? Here are 5 affordable ways to create a luxury bath in your home.⇒
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a yacht?
Or a castle in France? Or a fleet of Bentleys?
After all, who wouldn’t like a little luxury in their life? The truth is, luxury means different things to different people, but in a world where our days can be filled with stress, it’s nice to secure our own little haven to retreat and recharge. It’s the perfect place to surround ourselves with attainable luxuries.
I talk a lot about small pleasures and little luxuries and a home bath spa is an ideal setting to indulge in these things. For me, luxury is about pleasing the senses, so today I’d like to look at 5 affordable ways to enjoy a luxury bath!
1. Touch – I chose to start with the sense of touch, because a soak in a warm tub is nothing if not pleasing to our tired muscles. But even more delicious is to wrap ourselves up in a soft plush robe when we step out of the bath. This is a great place to splurge a bit and get the yummiest fabric your wallet can afford. Easier to spend a bit more on a lush robe than to buy that yacht!
2. Sight – Always one of my favorite of the senses, surrounding oneself with beauty is something many of us understand. But not everyone extends that concept into the bathroom, and fewer still focus on the area around the tub. For me that means more than picking lovely tile, but rather actually adding artwork that enhances my aesthetic.
The four gorgeous pieces that rim my tub are reminiscent of classical drawings from roman times. The real surprise is that they’re printed on metal, making them far more durable (and eco-friendly) than prints on paper would be. Supplied by my sponsor, Displate, these metal posters work perfectly in this spot, but they can also be hung on the wall with their magnet mounting system. Displate works with a variety of artists, creating a vast array of pieces in a wide range of styles and they’ve generously offered my readers a 20% discount using the LORY20!
Click here to find the exact prints I selected: Vase Prints
3. Taste – When making a luxury event out of time in the tub, it’s nice to bring in some food or drink. At day’s end I sometimes sip a glass of wine, but if earlier in the day a cup of tea is my drink of choice. As long as it’s relaxing, anything can work fine. You can even bring in sweets or fruit if that’s what makes you happy. Just think of what you might like if you were in the finest hotel, and then put it in your prettiest dishes and place it near your bath.
4. Sound – This one has been made easier by the latest technology, so even if you don’t have the finest speakers built into your master bath, a simple portable system will get the job done. I have a thing for listening to French pop when I’m trying to relax, but whatever strikes your fancy is the perfect thing to listen to. Whether it’s classical, New Age or even basic white noise, pleasing the sense of sound can upgrade your bath routine to deluxe.
5. Smell – Interestingly, the sense of smell is almost as significant to me as the sense of sight, signaling emotions and memories alike. From scented soaps and candles to aromatic bath salts, nothing says spa bath quite like lovely smelling products. Better still, add in some fresh flowers, and you have the recipe for a perfect bath.
When it comes to treating yourself well and de-stressing at the same time, a luxury bath can be a real treat. With all the senses engaged, it can’t help but be pleasurable.
And if your tub just happens to be on a yacht or in a French castle, you’ve mastered the luxury game like no other!
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: