In this post: Looking to add a little warm summer color to your living room? Try using pink and copper to accent your living room decor.⇒
There are some pairings that were meant to be.
Wine and cheese. Peaches and cream. Rhythm and blues.
When it comes to decorating and adding warm romance to a room, I would add blush pink and copper! This delightful combination works beautifully together and makes the perfect accent pair to a neutral space.
Pink and Copper Living Room Decor
We recently updated our living room, lightening the colors and going mostly neutral. I chose a subtle greige for the wall color (Benjamin Moore Tapestry Beige), added washed linen drapery panels and highlighted the creamy white furniture. Soft elegance was my inspiration and I left a few elements that read quite French and feminine. They lend themselves well to pink accents and that’s exactly what I chose to add to this sun-filled room.
Let’s look at 6 ways to add the warmth of pink and copper to your living room.
1. Copper vases and urns – This, of course, is the most important aspect of a room with pink and copper accents. You want the copper pieces to be large enough to make a bold statement, so vases, urns, planters and pots are perfect for achieving this goal. Bonus points for authentic vintage copper, but you can really get the job done with inexpensive pieces that look like copper, as well. I love to use pitchers and urns because the beauty of the mix
2. Faux flowers – I went crazy this spring with faux cherry blossoms and I really wasn’t sure where to put them, until I started accessorizing our living room. The soft pink is ideal for this space and they look great in a huge vase, standing on the floor.
3. Patterned rug – The one element I kept from the room’s previous incarnation is the beautiful patterned French aubusson rug. A blend of rose, pink, and a whole lot of neutrals, it anchors the room’s style with an underpinning of color.
It’s actually amazing how different the rug looks in a much more neutral room and this brings out the pink that was overshadowed before by a full palette of stronger colors.
4. Fresh flowers – There’s no reason in the world not to mix fresh with faux. I tend to keep faux flowers in the corners or perimeter of the room, while the fresh blossoms are showcased in a prime central spot. When using pink and copper, I particularly enjoy presenting them right next to each other, so pink peonies in a copper jug are exactly the look I’m aiming for.
For summer I love to vary the tones of the pinks, using fuchsia as well as blush, and everything in between.
5. Coffee table books – A trick I learned long ago, when playing with accent decor, is to use coffee table books for more than just their content. A few great well-placed books in a curated color palette can communicate your theme and add a jolt of color where needed.
6. Wall art – Not as permanent as your larger pieces of furniture, wall art can be easily changed to create a seasonal or updated look. A charming feminine painting with subtle blushing tones works seamlessly in my living room to underscore the accents of pink. The warmer pinks play off the copper decor and the effect is rather stirring.
My living room is neutral enough to look different when accented with colorful pairings. For summer I’m loving the rosy pinks with copper, which is as natural as pairing milk and cookies!
The same room dressed with fall color can be found in 12 Tips for Adding Fall Color to the Living Room.
For the most recent update, see: How I Modernized My French Style Living Room without Changing the Furniture.
Living Room Decor Resource List
To get the look, click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
IF YOU LIKED THIS POST, YOU MIGHT ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
- Updated French Country Living Room Decor Ideas
- How I Modernized My French Style Living Room
- Gold and Pink Glam Living Room Decor
- Where to Buy a French Farmhouse Couch
- Affordable French Country Accent Chairs To Buy
- 12 Affordable Stylish Coffee Tables
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my home and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: