In this post: If you’re looking for spring room decor ideas, here are 6 easy inexpensive ways to add spring cheer and color to your kitchen.⇒
How many of you thought I was crazy when I started removing all the color from my rooms and switching everything to white?
Be honest now.
Did you think I lost my zest for life? Chosen to live a colorless existence?
Not so fast! Let me be the first to assure you, with my love of flowers, that could never happen. But the truth is, neutral rooms, particularly all white rooms, are the easiest rooms to add seasonal color to!
Today I’m looking at spring room decor and sharing 6 ways to add spring cheer to your kitchen.
1. Bowl of lemons – what could be sunnier than a silver bowl full of lemons? Throw in a few limes, all the better. I love to decorate with food and citrus fruits are perfect for spring and summer. They don’t need to be refrigerated and add a wonderful burst of color to your counter. They are also among the cheapest ways to decorate!
2. Spring flowers – This one is a no brainer and yet it bears mentioning. I’ve intentionally chosen the 3 most iconic spring bulb flowers that I immediately associate with the beginning of spring. Yellow daffodils, pink tulips and grape hyacinths. The aroma is heavenly and they are as cheerful as you can get. Tucked in little green mason jars for a fun presentation, I can’t help but smile when I walk past them.
3. French market basket – This is a new addition to my repertoire and I am so enjoying it! With pretty dried lavender bunches and a fresh baguette, all that’s missing is a vintage bicycle to ride to a French country market with. You might also tuck in fresh flowers or a cotton blanket to picnic on.
4. French tea towels – I’m crazy about these cotton French tea towels and have collected them for years. I even once made cafe curtains out of them. Adorned with fruits and vegetable and other whimsies, their lovely colors are perfect for the season.
5. Aromatic hand soap – this is another item I keep around for the small pleasure it adds to my day. Sometimes I wash my hands, just because I want to smell the soap. I use many different varieties, but lately I’m crushing on Antica Farmacista’s broad range of options.
(Yeah, I couldn’t resist sneaking in some ranunculus, too… )
6. Birds, nests, and branches – the quintessential spring room decor, birds nests are a sweet way to welcome the season. This one, with it’s fuzzy little chick and velvet flowers is from Plush Pumpkin. (See resource list below.)
I keep bananas on my counter all year long, but the more color you can add to your fruit bowl, the more cheery your kitchen will feel.
A light touch is all that’s needed when you have a neutral white room. A dash of color here and there and you’re good to go!
Spring Room Decor Source List – Click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. (This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
- Assorted color mason jars
- Silver fruit bowl
- French market basket
- Dried lavender
- French tea towels
- Hand soap
- Chick in nest
- Gold footed bowl
If you enjoyed this post, you might also like these (click on the photos):
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below:
Linking with BNOTP