In this post: If you’re looking to make your guest room a haven for those who visit, here are 5 guest room ideas to help you add a touch of luxury to your space.⇒
Have you ever slept somewhere so comfortable, that you had the best night’s sleep of your life?
Some people absolutely hate sleeping away from home, for fear of missing their creature comforts. But when you enjoy entertaining and love having house guests, setting up a guest room that exudes luxury is a pleasure. I’m not just talking about a convenience basket, although that’s a great idea.
I’m referring to things that make a real difference in someone’s experience staying at your home.
Luxury Guest Room
It’s lovely when anyone opens their home to you and a weary traveler might be happy simply being handed a pillow and blanket.
But how much more delightful it is to be swathed in a bit of luxury and this is a gift I strive to give to the guests that arrive at my home. Here are 5 ways to add a touch of luxury to your guest room (with a list of additional tips below).
1. Coffee maker with quality coffee
Some people need that first cup of coffee as soon as they open their eyes. For guests like that, keeping a coffee maker in the bedroom, where they can have their first cup without getting completely dressed, is a true luxury. Keep a few k-cups in different flavors nearby, along with creamer and sugar packets.
2. Fresh breakfast pastries
Also a nice touch, a basket of croissants or fresh scones could be a welcome sight for early risers or those that don’t want to burden their hosts to prepare breakfast. Use a container with a cover or a small cake plate with a dome, to keep the bakery items fresh.
3. Location, location location
This one many people will not have a choice about, but for empty nesters with several available bedrooms, you can choose your guest room carefully. The best option is a bedroom with an ensuite bath, so guests can have privacy and not have to wander the halls in their sleepwear. Bonus points for a quiet room facing away from the street, even better if it has a view. After all, we are talking about luxury!
4. Streaming music and a tablet
While no one leaves home without their phone, a tablet and/or device for streaming music is a wonderful treat to provide for guests. It goes one step further than simply printing the wifi passcode and shows your guests you care about their comfort.
5. Fragrant luxury sheets
Of course the number one most important element in any guest room is a comfortable bed. Lush mattress, fine sheets, multiple pillows and varying weight blankets are all super important.
But the icing on the cake is how you keep and present those linens, as they do not stay brand new forever. Crisp white high-thread-count sheets, sprayed with soft-scented linen water and freshly ironed will guarantee your guests will be eager to crawl into bed.
Some other basics for outfitting the guest room include flashlights, sewing kit, chargers, list of cable channels, fresh towels, a robe, and assorted cosmetics.
And of course… fresh flowers!
Find below a summary of my favorite tips for creating a luxurious guest room:
- High-Quality Bedding:
- Invest in premium sheets, duvet covers, and pillows for ultimate comfort.
- Plush Mattress:
- Choose a comfortable and supportive mattress to ensure a good night’s sleep.
- Soft, Cozy Throws:
- Provide soft, decorative throws for added warmth and style.
- Multiple Pillow Options:
- Offer a variety of pillow types (e.g., memory foam, feather, or synthetic) to suit guest preferences.
- Blackout Curtains:
- Install blackout curtains to control light and ensure restful sleep.
- Elegant Lighting:
- Incorporate stylish bedside lamps or sconces for adjustable lighting.
- Ample Storage Space:
- Include a spacious closet or wardrobe with hangers and drawers.
- Luxury Toiletries:
- Provide high-end toiletries, such as soaps, shampoos, and lotions.
- Fluffy Towels:
- Offer thick, plush towels for guests to use during their stay.
- Personal Touches:
- Add personalized touches like a welcome note, fresh flowers, or a small gift.
- Quality Artwork:
- Hang tasteful artwork or framed photographs to enhance the room’s aesthetics.
- Mini Fridge and Snacks:
- Install a mini fridge stocked with refreshments and snacks.
- Include a TV, books, magazines, or a streaming device for entertainment.
- Tech Amenities:
- Offer Wi-Fi access, charging stations, and an alarm clock.
- Privacy and Noise Control:
- Ensure soundproofing and provide privacy options like curtains or blinds.
Whether it’s for the holidays or summer vacation, or even just for any night of the week, treating guests like royalty is a worthwhile endeavor.
And wouldn’t it be wonderful if a friend or family member remembers their stay at your house as one of the best night’s sleep they ever had?
To get the look, click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. If an item is out of stock but may be restocked, I left it on the list.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)