*This post was sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are my own. #CollectiveBias #PersilLaundry
In this post: If you’re looking to make your guest room a haven for those who visit, here are 5 guest room ideas to help you add a touch of luxury to your space.⇒
Have you ever slept somewhere so comfortable, that you had the best night’s sleep of your life?
Some people absolutely hate sleeping away from home, for fear of missing their creature comforts. But when you enjoy entertaining and love having house guests, setting up a guest room that exudes luxury is a pleasure. I’m not just talking about a convenience basket, although that’s a great idea.
I’m referring to things that make a real difference in someone’s experience staying at your home.
It’s lovely when anyone opens their home to you and a weary traveler might be happy simply being handed a pillow and blanket.
But how much more delightful it is to be swathed in a bit of luxury and this is a gift I strive to give to the guests that arrive at my home. Here are 5 ways to add a touch of luxury to your guest room.
1. Coffee maker with quality coffee – Some people need that first cup of coffee as soon as they open their eyes. For guests like that, keeping a coffee maker in the bedroom, where they can have their first cup without getting completely dressed, is a true luxury. Keep a few k-cups in different flavors nearby, along with creamer and sugar packets.
2. Fresh breakfast pastries – Also a nice touch, a basket of croissants or fresh scones could be a welcome sight for early risers or those that don’t want to burden their hosts to prepare breakfast. Use a container with a cover or a small cake plate with a dome, to keep the bakery items fresh.
3. Location, location location – This one many people will not have a choice about, but for empty nesters with several available bedrooms, you can choose your guest room carefully. The best option is a bedroom with an ensuite bath, so guests can have privacy and not have to wander the halls in their sleepwear. Bonus points for a quiet room facing away from the street, even better if it has a view. After all, we are talking about luxury!
4. Streaming music and a tablet – While no one leaves home without their phone, a tablet and/or device for streaming music is a wonderful treat to provide for guests. It goes one step further than simply printing the wifi passcode and shows your guests you care about their comfort.
5. Fragrant luxury sheets – Of course the number one most important element in any guest room is a comfortable bed. Lush mattress, fine sheets, multiple pillows and varying weight blankets are all super important. The icing on the cake is how you keep and present those linens, as they do not stay brand new forever.
Washing your linens in a fragrant premium detergent is the perfect way to keep them fresh. I was excited to be introduced to Persil® ProClean® Laundry Detergent from Target because I’m someone who cares a lot about pretty aromas in my home. I chose the Fresh Linen scent for its delicate, yet refreshing tone. For those with the highest standards for cleanliness, Persil laundry detergent is for you!
I also enjoy the Intense Fresh Scent, which I easily found at my local Target.
(You can also click HERE for Laundry Tips from Persil.)
Some other basics for outfitting the guest room include flashlights, sewing kit, chargers, list of cable channels, fresh towels, a robe, and assorted cosmetics.
Whether it’s for the upcoming holidays or summer vacation, or even just for any night of the week, treating guests like royalty is a worthwhile endeavor. And wouldn’t it be wonderful if a friend or family member remembers their stay at your house as one of the best night’s sleep they ever had?
Shop The Guest Room – To get the look, click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop the Posh Cottage Shop, my home, my favorites, and my Amazon shop. There are new items added every week. Happy shopping!!
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below:
Linking with BNOTP