Each week that passes I get a little bit more into fall decorating, but so far I’ve managed to stay true to my favored color palette. This week I’m ready to begin breaking out the pumpkins, albeit the creamy white ones, as my seasonal decor starts spreading throughout the house. Here are 5 tips for creating a fall vignette in the dining room.
1. Greenery – I love for a fall vignette to have natural elements included to keep it looking alive and fresh. The mossy planter is faux, but the greens scattered about I purchased at the garden store.
2. Pumpkins – This one, of course, is a no brainer, as nothing says fall quite like pumpkins. I’m partial to the white ones to coordinate with my decor, but I haven’t found the real ones yet, so I started off with a few from the craft store.
3. Florals – As summer fades, so do many options for floral arrangements, but I still think flowers are the secret to any beautiful vignette. I wanted to find blooms that would define my color story, so I searched until I found the blush pinks I was looking for.
4. Acorns, gourds and fall vegetables – The harvest season is the perfect time to feature these items that mature in the fall. I bought these craft ornaments to add to my vignette (sources below).
5. Elements unique to your personal style – A fall vignette should not only be seasonal and lovely, but it should also express your own design style. I try hard to ensure my vignettes don’t look like a carbon copy of what everyone else is doing, so I include my signature elements like the chippy statue, silver teapot and acanthus candlesticks. For each of us those items will be different, but they should always be our unique signature.
For the floral I used blush roses, mauve daisies and rose pink carnations. I really had my heart set on dahlias but they were not to be found.
Source List – Click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. (This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
- White pumpkins
- Moss planter
- Metallic pumpkin
- Artichoke and acorns
- Silver teapot
- Garden statue
If you’re looking for more fall decor, you might enjoy these posts:
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: