In this post: Need to take a little time for self care? Why not set up a pretty kitchen coffee station and other premium comforts in the kitchen? ⇒
Do you need a coffee break?
If working at home has kept your head buried in tasks, eyes glued to the computer all day long and even into the night, equipping your kitchen with some well-appointed comforts can add pleasure to your day.
In these stressful times, taking time for self care is time well spent.
Having a dedicated area set up for your coffee breaks is an ideal way to treat yourself right. Today, I’m sharing a charming kitchen coffee bar and other kitchen perks to add ease to your day and to upgrade your routines.
I’ve partnered with Walmart for today’s post, featuring items from their premium kitchen shop. If you’re not used to thinking of Walmart as your go-to source for such upscale items, think again. The premium kitchen shop at Walmart Home offers quality items from top brands to enhance your dream kitchen.
Let’s start by looking at the little coffee station I created in my kitchen.
*This post is sponsored by Walmart but all opinions are my own.
Setting Up a Kitchen Coffee Station
1. Choose an area to designate as your coffee station. If you have a section of counter that’s already separated, that can serve as a natural location, but a small buffet table could also work. If you only have a long expanse of counter, that’s fine too. Just keep the area contained by leaving space around your coffee bar.
2. Central to your coffee station will be your coffee maker. If you only drink one type of coffee, your preferred coffee machine is all you need to get started. But if you enjoy a variety of lattes and espressos, either select a machine that offers all those options or frame your coffee bar with more than one machine. Then place the trimmings between them.
Accessorizing Your Coffee Station
3. Consider what else you need for your favored drink. Mugs, of course, are essential whether you’re drinking hot cocoa, coffee or tea. For espresso only, you can line the tiny cups atop the machine. If you have a cabinet or shelf right above your space, that’s perfect for your mugs. If not, use a mug rack or tiered server.
4. Include sweetener and stirrers, if you’re inclined to use them, as well as pods or coffee grounds as needed for your machine. I use the drawer right below my counter to corral these items, but if no drawer is available use canisters on the counter.
5. Keep a creamer at the ready to lighten frequent morning refills. And if you have enough space add a cake plate for pastries or bread.
FREE Printable Coffee Bar Sign
In the end, what makes a coffee station more than just the coffee maker on the counter is the grouping of related items in a designated space, preferably separated in some way from the other items in your kitchen.
To drive the point home, you can add a sweet bit of labeling. Even if you’re not into typical kitchen signage, a pretty watercolor taped to a vintage cutting board can make a lovely embellishment.
If you’d like a copy of the “Coffee Bar” printable sign, simply fill out the form below to subscribe to the blog and receive the full size digital download. It’s completely FREE!
(If you’re already a subscriber, you will find the “Coffee Bar” printable in the Members Only Library, which you can access from every email I send, including the one you got today with this post in it.)
• Please remember that these are for personal use only.
(Do not print from the art below. The quality will be compromised and the watermark will be visible.)
Other Premium Kitchen Items
While a pretty coffee bar with gourmet brews is my favorite indulgence in a premium kitchen, it’s by no means the only one. See the list below for more ideas and then scroll to the resource guide to add your most coveted of these awesome items to your own kitchen.
I’ve divided my favorites into three categories based on the benefits they offer, although many of them overlap into more than one category.
Health – This year I added an air fryer to my repertoire. Less fat, less mess, and easy as can be! For fruit and veggie smoothies try the Ninja professional blender. I also use a waffle maker to make gluten free breakfasts.
Ease – You just can’t beat the convenience of an Instant Pot meal. Quick and simple to use. For easy cutting, I love my Cuisinart food processor. I used to have the big one, but I just love the accessibility of the mini.
Luxury – Have you ever cooked with Staub’s elegant cookware? Their cast iron dutch ovens are simply amazing. For baking, a Kitchenaid mixer is a must and they come in so many gorgeous colors. Next on my wish list: an ice cream maker.
It’s wonderful to renovate a brand new kitchen, but there are so many other things you can do to create the feeling of luxury in the space you have.
If you organize your counters and let in as much light as possible, adding a few premium tools and high-performance appliances can elevate your time in the kitchen to one that feels entirely top shelf.
Then the next time you need a coffee break, you know exactly where to head!
To get the look, click on the items below for direct links to the products. Where actual items were no longer available, I’ve provided similar options. If an item is out of stock but may be restocked, I left it on the list.
(This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.)
Have you visited the Designthusiasm shop? Click below to shop my favorites, my Instagram and my Amazon shop. Enjoy!!
subscribe to our newsletter and RECEIVE OUR FREE GUIDE “20 WAYS TO UPDATE YOUR HOME”
Are you following Designthusiasm on social media? Please join us at the links below: